Virus TI not compatible with MacOS Catalina / Big Sur

• Is there anyway to install just the virus ti midi driver on macOS Catalina?

Sorry if the instructions were incomplete. I took the opportunity to add more information in the readme file.

The steps to make the driver are basically:

0. If installed, backup and uninstall the official Access drivers
    1. Get Xcode (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xcode/id497799835?mt=12)

2. Get the source (https://github.com/biappi/Simp…ive/refs/heads/master.zip)

3. Open the Xcode project SimpleVirusUSBMidi.xcodeproj

4. Click the 'Play' icon (this highlights the only buttons you need to use)

5. Drag SimpleVirusUSBMidi.plugin from the Xcode products to /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/

6. Reboot for good measure & good luck

I hope i was slightly clearer this time =)

Thank you,

-w

• Anyone can tell anything about the sync stability with the simple midi driver?

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• yes, sorry for being unprecise

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• well it works but doesn‘t „solve“ the sync „in arp issue“. still a bar needed to get the virus prepared for syncing on „demand“. weird thing: i‘m testing this under catalina circumstances where the virus plug is useless. in mojave environment i have no sync issues using the access plug...

• bem, funciona, mas não „resolve“ o „problema de sincronização no arp“. ainda uma barra necessária para preparar o vírus para sincronização sob „demanda“. Coisa estranha: estou testando isso em circunstâncias catalinas em que o plug do vírus é inútil. no ambiente mojave, não tenho problemas de sincronização usando o plug de acesso ...

same problem here! :S

• Looks like Kemper finally hired a new DSP/C+ developer. Hopefully this means an update will happen soon.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Well one solution to get a working station on catalina is to di an outsourcing of the virus on a mojave driven system in a test environment. saying and done that with a macbook air 2017 as i was lucky to have one and it‘s is running my ti2 incl. plug as a slave. iv done a midi over network connection to my main working horse ( a macmini last version before the m1 generation) and slaved the macbook air with abelton live (running virus) or logic pro(running virus) via midi clock resp. mtc. 3 things i learned: 1. Logic Pro as Master has to be set to pattern sync mode (not spp mode) as ableton (lit 10) falls out of sync after the first cycle. With Logic on slaved side in mtc theres not such a problem 2. In my slave DAW i set the virus plug at live modus and Direct monitoring, because i dont want any audio traffic over the usb i just need midi over ethernet (my access ti2 is wired via spdif to my apollo, which is conneczed to the Master ie mac mini. 3. Generating a external instrument on the MasterDAWas utility) gives the freedom to add any other plugs (effetcs for example) on the master DAW. Remeber to choose the LAN Port channel for communicating the two macs. In both slave daw‘s situation this setup is working very well., even a midi beat clocking (ableton) has very satisfying results. Latency is not a problem since only midi datas are transmitted this way.

I know that this is a costintensive solution, but as i said: i was lucky with this macbook air 2017 and will be able to run virus in combination with newer operating MacOS ( even BIG SUR)

PS i have even the possibility to transfer some 32 Bit wrapped plugs this way.but this setup would need a audiointerface macbooksided ( as i said i dont want any audio traffic over ethernet)

Perhaps this is of use for someone

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SeleN ()

• Interesting.

For actual music production this workflow is too complicated,

but for the tweakers among us this could still be a fun side project to fiddle around with.

What plugin or software did you use to host your Virus TI plugin and run it on your slave?

I tried going the audiogridder way earlier but never got the Virus plugin to open on slave Mac.. while other plugins like Sylenth opened just fine..

• ableton 10 lite for hosting the virus plug

i did a thunderbridge LAN Connection between the macs and

so far very stable setting in terms of clocking and „arping“, so my (simple) workflow isn‘t that messed up, just have a „external monitor“ for the virus with direct acces to the plugin parameters on the macbookair, that‘s all ( good thing is i can even push the plugin gui to the best resolution to deal with ;)

• just have a „external monitor“ for the virus with direct acces to the plugin parameters on the macbookair, that‘s all ( good thing is i can even push the plugin gui to the best resolution to deal with ;)

Ahh okay so you're using your Macbook Air as a screen (and a host) for your Virus,

and the Big Sur Mac is only used to trigger the midi notes am I right?

Essentially you've made your MBA + Virus an external midi instrument for your Big Sur Mac.

Pretty cool solution. I just think managing presets for each song you make is a hassle right?

• yes, exactly

and yes, presets managing is the price? for now i just save the ableton sets under the same name as my main projects in Logic on my mastermac and have to patch it everytime. perhaps i‘ll find a solution for that, some kind of plattform crossing programm change ?

edit: done, just created a midi instrument on logic pro on my master and choosed LAN channel. programm change events now on slave side in ableton accepted. will take time to name all the patches in the midi instrument but found some bank templates here in the somewhere.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SeleN ()

• Where do you see this? The job position is still listed here:

https://www.virus.info/page/re…do/Job_Opportunities.html

That's for a hardware development engineer. Previously it was for 'Software Developer Audio/DSP'

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Well thank god I've just checked the access site before taking the plunge, to Catalina, WHAT A PILE OF DOG SHIT KEMPER HAVE BECOME.

WEVE HAD YOUR MONEY NOW GO FUCK YOURSELVES. Even if they brought out the TI3 I wouldn't buy it on principal.

FUCK YOU KEMPER

• That's for a hardware development engineer. Previously it was for 'Software Developer Audio/DSP'

It's a software job. Here is Google's translation:

"We are looking for someone to strengthen our development team

Software developer

Your tasks include the further development and maintenance of our platform-independent software framework and the embedded and desktop applications for our products.

Your profile:

• You are fluent in C / C ++

• You have experience with larger software projects

• You have a good knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, iOS

• You are a team player and ideally have a musical background

We offer an exciting job in the music industry, a friendly and creative working environment, as well as the opportunity to contribute your own ideas and actively shape the entire product development process.

If you want to become part of our team, send us your brief application using our contact form."

• Wrong page, they posted this link on facebook: https://www.kemper-amps.com/jo…XMwCoYb8#a-job-software-2

And to clarify, it was the same listing back in September on the Kemper amps site as the one you posted just now from the Access site which hasn't been updated in eons..

• Yep.. It's still the same joblisting.

It makes you think no one wants to work for a shitty company like Access them...

But more likely Access probably doesn't even want the position to be filled..

Otherwise they would've put some more effort in it...

At the very least they could've put the joblisting on Indeed.com or jobscout24.

Now the listing is just hidden away on some website that's only visited by a few thousand people..

• Well thank god I've just checked the access site before taking the plunge, to Catalina, WHAT A PILE OF DOG SHIT KEMPER HAVE BECOME.

WEVE HAD YOUR MONEY NOW GO FUCK YOURSELVES. Even if they brought out the TI3 I wouldn't buy it on principal.

FUCK YOU KEMPER

Well at least you can use it as a MIDI synth with VirusHC. Works totally fine and still worth it imo.