Virus TI not compatible with MacOS Catalina / Big Sur

• And another Kemper update…….https://www.facebook.com/kemperamps/posts/5170714116278203?__cft__[0]=AZV2bdcfQY94gi88QpDKmAaeHg-LCXr37XLg4NnSpfOoZjVyz12SFuTArkF9yOHDmVwAODfrUay3p71A0fdzCtjmtfuJpgSquzfiAyO6oCooHira2ce6d_lFt_gmogFyqB9a66gNo8buMtJXadsFTUGWAA1n1lBptr4ajT5O1HGMCA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• And another Kemper update…….https://www.facebook.com/kemperamps/posts/5170714116278203?__cft__[0]=AZV2bdcfQY94gi88QpDKmAaeHg-LCXr37XLg4NnSpfOoZjVyz12SFuTArkF9yOHDmVwAODfrUay3p71A0fdzCtjmtfuJpgSquzfiAyO6oCooHira2ce6d_lFt_gmogFyqB9a66gNo8buMtJXadsFTUGWAA1n1lBptr4ajT5O1HGMCA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Funny that half the comments on the Kemper update are about the Virus.

• Funny that half the comments on the Kemper update are about the Virus.

Those are rookie numbers, we need to pump those numbers up.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Funny, I stumbled upon an add on marktplaats (dutch version of ebay), where someone is claiming to have a workaround for working with the Virus on Big Sur doing everything over USB. He is providing an implementation of the solution for 95 euro. It’s a fair price. But I am curious what he does to make it work. And if it really works….

Looks kind of scetchy to me. Did he decompile it and rewritten the audio and fixed the errors with usb midi?

• Hey all! I have an update! I'm currently running Mac OS Big Sur , with a windows 10 partition. And I just got my TI Snow through USB working on the windows side! No magic, or tricks. Just partitioned the drive, installed windows 10, installed FL Studio 20, and installed the 64-bit version of the virus software suite.

Sound works just fine, only set back is the plugin is REALLY small. I haven't been able to figure out how to resize it, but for now it'll do.

• Hey all! I have an update! I'm currently running Mac OS Big Sur , with a windows 10 partition. And I just got my TI Snow through USB working on the windows side! No magic, or tricks. Just partitioned the drive, installed windows 10, installed FL Studio 20, and installed the 64-bit version of the virus software suite.

Sound works just fine, only set back is the plugin is REALLY small. I haven't been able to figure out how to resize it, but for now it'll do.

Thanks for sharing your experience, but this is nothing new. The plugin is still compatible with Windows 10, either on a Mac or on a PC. What we need is compatibility with macOS and M1 Mac computers. I need to use the plugin from Logic Pro on macOS.

• Funny, I stumbled upon an add on marktplaats (dutch version of ebay), where someone is claiming to have a workaround for working with the Virus on Big Sur doing everything over USB. He is providing an implementation of the solution for 95 euro. It’s a fair price. But I am curious what he does to make it work. And if it really works….

Interesting. I wonder if he actually means using the official Access Virus Plugin through USB or if he's just referring to MIDI via USB...

EDIT: he seems to have already removed the add from Marktplaats.nl. Did you get the chance to speak to this guy?

• Interesting. I wonder if he actually means using the official Access Virus Plugin through USB or if he's just referring to MIDI via USB...

EDIT: he seems to have already removed the add from Marktplaats.nl. Did you get the chance to speak to this guy?

Nope, I did not get the chance. It was gone a day after I had posted the add here.

• At this point I'm looking into filing a lawsuit as under consumer protection law, Access has sold me a product which doesn't work as advertised. I'll keep you up to date on the progress of this.

• good luck and hear from you in a about (let's say) 2 or 3 years ;)

At this point I'm looking into filing a lawsuit as under consumer protection law, Access has sold me a product which doesn't work as advertised. I'll keep you up to date on the progress of this.

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• Guys, before filling a lawsuit. don't you think creating a universal petition would be more effective?

I also spoke to someone at access company, he was insisting that the developer team are working on the software to make it ready for the aforementioned macOS Catalina and beyond including windows 11 which is not fully compatible with the virus control.

we need to know, if access could have developed and made any progress towards making a compatible driver for the virus ti or not!

we have to find a way to find out what kind of issue has stoped or slowed them them from developing the compatible 64bit driver.

they might re-writing most of the codes from the scratch since they might have used 32 bit technology in their driver that need to be address to 64 compatibility which takes a lot time.

Please if someone from access company read this message please demystify the situation.

Appreciated

Best Regards;

Hekmat

• I also spoke to someone at access company, he was insisting that the developer team are working on the software to make it ready for the aforementioned macOS Catalina and beyond including windows 11 which is not fully compatible with the virus control.

Sounds promising. When did you talk to them?

Please if someone from access company read this message please demystify the situation.

That is exactly the main problem: Nobody from Access is shedding any light on the situation.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Whom did you speak with? Every time I've contacted them I've been brickwalled with a generic "we have nothing to share" answer.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von djantimatter ()

• That is exactly the main problem: Nobody from Access is shedding any light on the situation.

My guess is Marc is no longer around at this point to address these concerns. Jorg Huettner(support engineer) also seems to have departed

• hey guys.. I have found this to be able to at least be able to use the Virus TI with midi from a DAW

so far it seems to work well in Ableton for some reason when I switch the patch manually from the TI the sound will stop working until I push the audition buttons ( Shift & Audition) so Im trying to sort that out

In Logic the midi seems to work fine , you can load a External Midi channel strip and just connect to the virus that way pretty easily. I'll keep tinkering with it and see what else I can figure out but hopefully this helps anyone else that was having the same issues as me.

https://github.com/biappi/SimpleVirusUSBMidiDriver

• i‘m in with giappis driver and mystery for some months now. it works for me in catalina and on my test drive big sur on an intel macmini. not made a definite decision to move completely to bigsur (besides for some tradeoffs with plugins not working anymore vs. benefits of bigsur and lpx latest

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…