Virus TI not compatible with MacOS Catalina / Big Sur

• I’ve asked elsewhere on the forum, but no one responded after several days, so I’m posting my question here:

Is there a way to sequence the Virus TI2 vs DIN MIDI and transmit only audio via USB?

———————-

Update: Got my answer elsewhere. As expected, it’s not possible.

• I have installed the setup of my new Access Virus TI2, Macbook Pro M1 Ventura, ableton live, and Aura plugin.

Managed to get MIDI and Audio to work over USB runining Aura plugin in Ableton however the Midi data played by Virus is not in sync.

Looks like a latency issue.

When I play the Virus directly in the DAW, without using the auro plugin the Midi plays fine.

Seems there is a latency in using the plugin.

Ashame, as I cant use the library/sound editor

I have tried all settings in Ableton already, not sure what could be wrong with the Midi/USB setup

• Update, I managed to get it to work, created 1 midi track formulating and 3 audio tracks for audio routing.

Grouped these into 1 track as virus engine.

Added extra midi tracks for the actual music patterns.

So, within 1 day after my purchase of my virus ti2 I can say it actually works with Mac m1 on latest os Ventura 13.x

With the aura plug-in.

• Anyone have greater success with the latest Aura plug-in update? I personally had a lot of issues with midi timing and latency while using their plug-in and that appears to be a highlight of this latest release. I haven't had a chance to test myself, since I went back using the Virus TI as a 'normal' synth.

• Just got word from a reseller that the Access Virus TI has been officially discontinued. It looks like we won't be getting the update we've been waiting for, which is a real disappointment. I'm not quite sure why Access is being less than transparent about this—maybe they're trying to move the remaining stock sell

• Just got word from a reseller that the Access Virus TI has been officially discontinued. It looks like we won't be getting the update we've been waiting for, which is a real disappointment. I'm not quite sure why Access is being less than transparent about this—maybe they're trying to move the remaining stock sell

Looks like the emulator is the way forward then because everyone I speak with about the Aura plugin has the same conclusion - it's a PITA to configure and buggy as hell. My two units will be gathering dust in the closet after I've lifted the ROM images. Going full pirate here.

FUCK KEMPER.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von djantimatter ()

• djantimatter I share your frustration over Kemper’s non-responsiveness.

That said, if you had a Prophet 5 (any rev) or a Blofeld, for example, you would have to sequence and control the synth in some fashion other than with a TI- or Aura HE-like plugin. LIke Sacguy71, I sequence my TI2 Desktop with a Hapax. I use Aura HE as a patch librarian only.

Your workflow clearly revolves around a DAW. So many who work “ITB” (in the box, for any who aren’t familiar with the acronym) seem to focus their efforts entirely on plug-ins. A friend who is known for having produced 2 songs a week for several years for a highly successful TV series insists that “hardware outboard” just isn’t relevant to anyone who needs instant session recall and portability between studio environments. This friend wouldn’t have touched a hybrid plug-in/hardware solution like TI, no matter how well it worked.

I’m sorry your (and our) implied contract with Cristof Kemper was broken. He doesn’t seem to care all that much, so I’m not personally terribly invested in continuing to try to get his attention. I’ll just keep on sequencing my beloved TI2 and all of my other tone generators with the wonderful Hapax or Logic Pro for iPad. That seems to work just fine.

I still hope that the reason for the absolute lack of transparency is because they're secretly working on a new Virus model. Which I would honestly prefer over an update to the TI, despite that I bought a brand new unit in 2021. I'm on Windows so the TI plugin and USB audio still works and probably will for some time ahead. There are no interesting hardware VAs on the market these days in my opinion. I probably won't buy another digital synth again unless a new Virus comes out.

• Anyone have greater success with the latest Aura plug-in update? I personally had a lot of issues with midi timing and latency while using their plug-in and that appears to be a highlight of this latest release. I haven't had a chance to test myself, since I went back using the Virus TI as a 'normal' synth.

The latest update does not work for me. The graphics are great but recalling settings in Logic Pro 10.8 is completely screwed up. Idem in Reason and Cubase. The last stable release is: v3.0.0-build-9024.

• I use AURA as a librarian, in conjunction with VCC.

So I backup ROMS using Aura as it's better at it that VCC which can't do it full stop, and then restore using VCC as required between my devices.

I hardly ever use TI. I prefer to just use MIDI with the 16 parts multitimbral in Multi mode the old-skool way.

TI is fine if all you're doing is recording but if you're performing too (I like to play some parts and just mute them within the DAW whilst doing so) then Multi mode I find is far better. I appreciate there are some limitations but this is the way I grew up...

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

Not remotely surprised.

EDIT: I've basically assumed that my Virus TI is just a piece of NON-Totally-Integrated hardware for years now. I can always connect it to an older Mac, if I want that plugin for editing, until they die too... I hate the tech industry, and the music tech segment isn't far behind in terms of utterly disgraceful behavior. I refuse to buy hardware anymore if it requires drivers or a computer to do anything at all. I've been screwed too many times to believe any "integration" or "upgrade path" nonsense.

• Yea the Virus is great as stand alone synth but forget about integration. Elektron has done a far better job in this regard!

To be fair, they started ten years later. And still struggled to keep up with macOS compatibility.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Not remotely surprised.

EDIT: I've basically assumed that my Virus TI is just a piece of NON-Totally-Integrated hardware for years now. I can always connect it to an older Mac, if I want that plugin for editing, until they die too... I hate the tech industry, and the music tech segment isn't far behind in terms of utterly disgraceful behavior. I refuse to buy hardware anymore if it requires drivers or a computer to do anything at all. I've been screwed too many times to believe any "integration" or "upgrade path" nonsense.

It's always just about the money, same sh*# everywhere. these are the times we live in X(

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von blinde_Q () aus folgendem Grund: I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!