• Hi all guys !
    I'm trying to recreate the distorted mid-bass starting at 1:00.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHCWD84EdbU
    I think it's wt based , but , don't know !
    Any idea ?
    Thanx in advance !

Daw Client i37100 - W7 - C9.5 - FXTeleport - SSD only
    Sampler Server i5 - W7 - FXT - SSD only
    Synth Server i7 - W8.1 - FXT - HDD only
    HW - RME Digiface/RME Adi8/Audient ASP 800/Yamaha 03D/Spl Frontliner/GAP 73/Clavia NM G1/Virus TI2
    Yamaha An1x/Matrix 1000/Yamaha TX 81z/Roland mvs1/Akai s3000XL/Oktava mk012/Braingasm Deluxe 12
    Bass Mari by Redivivus / Gtr Vantage 218T / Ibanez TSA-15H / Custom Cab (Warehouse ET65)
    MONITOR Genelec/Focal/KRK 8400/PowerplayProXL/Audioscope 2813

• I tried something with Wavetable and Phase Modulation.

Plus modulation of Filter, Wave Index, probably some Sine Fold Distortion and EQ.

Change the FM amount.

Experiment with the OSC 1 Wave.

Not exactly the sound, but I think it gets into a similar direction.

Dateien

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thank you so much ozon , I'll try to work on your preset!

I'm trying to emulate this sound by taking cues from various softsynths that have similar sounds.

Indeed the common denominator is frequency modulation which provides the typical solid and harmonically rich sound , nevertheless a god startin' point such a wt securely help.

I've also tried with NordModular G1 in anotehr way , a simply oscillator + a phaser used as comb flt + distortion/overdrive.

The resul is quite similar but with a more "cheesy" character.

:):thumbup:

HW - RME Digiface/RME Adi8/Audient ASP 800/Yamaha 03D/Spl Frontliner/GAP 73/Clavia NM G1/Virus TI2
    Yamaha An1x/Matrix 1000/Yamaha TX 81z/Roland mvs1/Akai s3000XL/Oktava mk012/Braingasm Deluxe 12
    Bass Mari by Redivivus / Gtr Vantage 218T / Ibanez TSA-15H / Custom Cab (Warehouse ET65)

• Hahahaha ozon , U are a F***in' genius , not only the sound , you also did the sequence !

Especially the first one is very very very similar.

Anyway , it wasn't my intention to completely clone the sound nor the sequence , a good customization is always necessary !

Good work, thanks a lot man !

P.S.

I'll credit you for tec-support on the next track that I will publish.
    :thumbup:

• not only the sound , you also did the sequence !

Especially the first one is very very very similar.

Anyway , it wasn't my intention to completely clone the sound nor the sequence , a good customization is always necessary !

Good work, thanks a lot man !

You're welcome. I like to do stuff like that to sharpen my sound design skills and also to work on different sounds than my own.

I did the sequence, so I could have the video running in the background and be able to have the same rythm/movement by just hitting one key. That allowed me to tweak the sound within the context and listen how well it matches the original. After getting into the ballpark, I used the intro part of the song (without the bass) and tweaked the sound to that.

BTW, it should match pretty well with 128BPM starting on the 3 of the second bar.

Could have done everything within a DAW and perfecting the sequence and automation, but I wanted to know how well it could all be done directly within a Virus Preset.

I'll credit you for tec-support on the next track that I will publish.
    :thumbup:

That's very kind of you! Let me know when you release the track, I'm curious what you come up with!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Let me know when you release the track, I'm curious what you come up with!

Absolutely !
    8)