TI2: volume bug after changing amp env sustain level of a held note

• when holding a note and changing amp envelope sustain level the virus starts to slowly modulate the volume to zero and back cyclically. Can anyone reproduce it on their TI? Example demonstration vid: https://youtu.be/T92OAvfHctg

- the same happens if I change the amp env sustain using a softknob and matrix assignment instead of using the amp env sustain knob

- only 1 oscillator used
    - sustain slope is 0
    - no modulation in matrix or LFOs, no effects, no filters
    - works normally if I don't change the amp env sustain

• Does it work normally if you change sustain level before you hold a key down?

I wonder if a factory reset would help you? I found this quote on a 2009 thread of this forum:

"With the Virus TI unplugged, hold down the "Arp Edit" button, located under the "Master Volume" knob, and plugin the Virus TI. You will see two LEDs (BPM and Logo LED) start flashing back and fourth - this indicates it is ok to now let go of the "Arp Edit" button and let the TI boot. All factory parameters * will return to their original settings.

Alternately, if your TI is off via the "Sleep" function (both transpose buttons) - simply hold down the "Arp Edit" button, located under the "Master Volume" knob and the TI will reset.

*note - this does not include factory sounds or banks."

• it works normally when I change the sustain level (you can see it in the video at 0:30)

I also wonder if the reset would help, but I'd like to backup my work before I do that. But anyway that would just mask the bug I think. The original cause would still remain in the OS, wouldn't it?
    But mostly I'd be interested if someone with a TI/TI2 tried to reproduce it with a positive or negative result

• The original cause would still remain in the OS, wouldn't it?

Perhaps. If it is just a program conflict stored in a buffer maybe a reset would clear it. If it is a real OS bug or hardware malfunction it would probably not go away or just show up again later without some other fix that you should contact support about. Then there's always to try installing a new battery option which I'm not sure is user allowed. But yes, always backup your work first, of course.

But mostly I'd be interested if someone with a TI/TI2 tried to reproduce it with a positive or negative result

Could not reproduce the problem here. Sorry I could not be of more help! :(