Polyphonic Aftertouch Response

• Hey there,

I've been using and loving my Virus TI 2 and Snow for a while now both live and in the studio, but there is one feature I really miss on them - Polyphonic Aftertouch.

It brings such a level of expressivity that would benefit many patches on the Virus. And if the Blofeld can do it, the Virus has to step up :D

We're also seeing more and more controller providing this type of aftertouch, so an update would certainly "future proof" the Virus !

Let us know !!

Cheers

• have you tried "Chan Pressure"?

wait that's probably not polyphonic?

[edit] OK I see it now, the manual says:

Zitat

Polypressure

Also called Polyphonic Aftertouch or Key Pressure. Independant MIDI data relative to the pressure applied to keys on a keyboard. Rarely implemented because pressing on several keys at once can result in too much MIDI data for a system to handle. In the Virus, this data format is used for a purpose not intended by the original MIDI specifications – as a supplement or alternative to System Exclusive (Sysex) data. See also Channel Pressure

• Yeah, channel pressure is mono.

I'm not sure I understand this part of the manual, but its hard to imagine that a device as powerful as the TI2 can't bear the MIDI data from poly aftertouch, if my old ensoniq and my blofeld can.

Does it mean that the MIDI data a polyphonic aftertouch capable keyboard would provide would be recognized as some kind of weird alt sysex messages ?

I can try again but I think I remember the Virus not responding to it at all.

Thanks !