Virus TI Synch with TR8S and Ableton Live 10.0

• Hello I wish I could use my Roland TR8 to control my ti virus.

I would also like my TR8S and my virus to be syncro with ableton.

Do you have tips for connections? I can't find anything on the web :(

TR8S is not plug in play in Ableton ;(

• Wanted to follow up with one other thing I just found. Here is a boring but detailed explanation of some specifics with syncing Ableton Live and the Roland TR-8S:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Also, you first said “I wish I could use my Roland TR8 to control my ti virus”... but what specifically are you trying to control? Do you want to send a midi sequence out to play notes on the Virus? I don’t think this is possible. Rather, you can use Ableton Live to send MIDI notes to the Virus. All three can be synced with MIDI clock to operate in time.

For external gear that could sequence the Virus TI, an option from Roland is the MC-101 or MC-707. They can sequence notes/chords/phrases and really “play” the Virus as I think you’re wanting. But again, Ableton Live will do this, which you already have.

Virus TI2 Desktop Whiteout Limited Edition

MacOS 14 • Ableton Live 11 • Logic Pro