adding patches to virus ti2?

• hello everyone,

i've just downloaded some patch banks from the access site here, but can't seem to find out how to add them to the virus?! can't see it in the manual either. any help?

cheers,
    matt

• Hi Matt,

You have to copy the files to the install location of the factory presets. On a mac this is in /Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches
    On windows I have no idea. Anyway, once you've copied them there they will show up in the VC browser. Or you can transfer them to the TI Flash ROM using the Virus Control Center program.

• Hi Matt,

You have to copy the files to the install location of the factory presets. On a mac this is in /Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches
    On windows I have no idea. Anyway, once you've copied them there they will show up in the VC browser. Or you can transfer them to the TI Flash ROM using the Virus Control Center program.

On Windows the location is "My Documents/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches"

-timo

• I also downloaded some patches. I went to load them in the access music folder.

I ws unsuccessful because the path given does not exist. I just downloaded 3.2 > I also just bought the virus yesterday.

Virus TI 1
    Mac OSX.

Please help.

I am able to use the virus with LOGIC and access the patches. ?(

• Hi Matt,

Here you are.

-timo

• Here you are.

-timo

Just in case somebody else is still searching for the patches folder on his mac:
    My mac had some Library and some patches folders, rendering the search function quite useless. It is the /Library/App..... - folder that is right in your root folder.
    For me, this was Macintosh HD/Library/app, NOT USERNAME/LIbrary/app.

Hope that saves people some time :D

Cheers,
    Barely.

• Hey there!
    The process worked fine for sound banks I have downloaded from the access website.
    However, the banks I dumped from my virus KB (on a Mac, via SysEx Librarian, saved as .mid file) don't work.
    I have a single bank that I CAN dump to my KB, but the Virus TI software ignores that bank, it doesn't show up in the browser,
    even after re-scanning the AU instruments in Logic.
    Does anybody have a clue if I have to save it in another format or what can be done?

Cheers,
    Barely.
    edit: solved: SysEx Librarian didn't work properly. I opened the midi files from SysexLibrarian in Logic, exported region as .mid again and it worked.
    Jörg from access support was so nice as to point me to the possibility to connect the OLD Virus to the NEW virus via midi and send the patches over directly *doh* So simple.... :)