Patches Folder problem on Win 10 and Cubase 10 pro

• error.JPGSo i have been using my Ti Polar for over 10 years now, i have a really big Patches folder (30mb) since all these years we exchange patches with friends and co workers, I decided to migrate my system from 7 to win 10 about a month ago and setting up my Virus has never been so difficult. So i simply copied my patches folder to win 10 folder like i always did (without replacing the new files created by installer) and the problems stated, Cubase is keep crashing if i try to browse my patches through CATEGORY or use the SEARCH function. If you want to replicate the error i am getting you can simply remove the patches folder from access folder in ''mydocuments'' and try to load virus vst (3 or 2 doesn't matter). If i remove all patches and leave a few of them it works fine, and also the loading time to open the vst is reduced to half. I really never had a similar problem and this is probably the 6pc i am using my virus with. off course it is a high end audio workstation pc with m2 and everything works perfect, except Virus. I have been trying to solve the problem for a week now so any suggestions would be appreciated.

• To give you a little feedback, I have switched from windows 7 to 10 too and everything is now for me also a nightmare.

Memory is syncing 10-15 minutes and

the moment I select browser in the VST it crashes the whole DAW.

Thank gods I still keep my old HDD

with Win 7!

• That is a whole lot of patches, 30mb / 0.0351mb (roughly the size of a full patch bank) is some what 850 banks (give or take) times 128 =

well over 100000 patches 8| that cant be right.. maybe theres a limit in Cubase, which allows you to have only 99999 patches :P

• Windows ten here , switched over from windows 8.1 2-3 years ago , best choice I ever made...

some tips I seen thrown around if experience crashes - ( Keyboard_Ti)

Turn selective suspend off in the power options if you havnt already , and deactivate priorities in advance sound options

cubase has proved problematic with Native instruments products also , doesn’t necessarily mean it is the operating system , Windows 10 has been the best operating system I have ever used (out of XP , 7 and 8.1) so dig deeper , could be other issues

• windows 10 is the worst operating system i ever used in my life, so many bugs! i will not debate it, after 20 years of experience on building audio pcs i have my preferences, anyway not sure were the problem is since ONLY the operating system has changed, same cubase, same hardware, yes disabling overclock profiles in bios and power management, dcp, etc etc etc helped a lot with dropouts and disconnects between cubase and virus but the problem with the patches is stil there. since the hdd is a m2 i suspect that there is some syncing issue between the drive and virus usb.(probably caused by the chipset) i get the same error if i delete the whole folder with the patches so my theory is that for an instant virus vst cannot read the hdd. if access was a company that cares for their customers they would spend some time upgrading their vst on a hardware we spend a fortune to purchase.

• Good for you!! you belong to the 0.001 of users that never experienced problems, you do know that there are millions of different pc configurations/hardware right? so please do not post on other people’s threads if you have nothing useful to contribute.

• My sincere apologies for assuming that common sense is not a superpower.

My contribution was: Have you tried it with another daw? If there problem is not there -> the issue is with cubase -> report to Steinberg (you have the crash log with details what caused the crash) -> maybe they can/will patch it! With your 20 years of "audio pc" (whatever that is) building experience you should know this, and also that you cannot connect a HDD to a M.2 slot, also your M.2 lanes are not shared per say with the usb controller(s), so the external usb device can not intervene with your preferred choice of storage device. Most certainly not a specific portion of it, in this case the folder named "patches".

• glad you figured it out, but i can see that it does not stop you from commenting false info on other peoples posts, who said anything about connecting m2 to hddz? are you high or something and since you clearly have nothing to do with your life you want to start a dispute with me? your motherboard chipset is responsible for all devices bandwidth and you should really do your research. anyway i might try your solution and i have tried several versions of cubase. p.s. i know how to analyze logs, this is where my theory is based.

• windows 10 is the worst operating system i ever used in my life, so many bugs! i will not debate it, after 20 years of experience on building audio pcs i have my preferences, anyway not sure were the problem is since ONLY the operating system has changed, same cubase, same hardware, yes disabling overclock profiles in bios and power management, dcp, etc etc etc helped a lot with dropouts and disconnects between cubase and virus but the problem with the patches is stil there. since the hdd is a m2 i suspect that there is some syncing issue between the drive and virus usb.(probably caused by the chipset) i get the same error if i delete the whole folder with the patches so my theory is that for an instant virus vst cannot read the hdd. if access was a company that cares for their customers they would spend some time upgrading their vst on a hardware we spend a fortune to purchase.

Just trying to put some sense into your quest to get the patches running, thats all.

So what did the cubase crash log say exactly?

• this means that my new os is in a new m2, instead of a ssd i use to have with win7. The log says that virus vst can not find the specific path file (bank) different path bank every time. if i remove my banks everything is fine but i have these banks so many years and they never caused problems, there is your comment above how huge the bank folder can be thought the years. cheers!

• for anyone interested on reading i finally solved my issue, i contacted access and they replied really fast, they insisted the problem was with the patches folder itself so i dig deeper and i verified and discovered some interesting things,

keep you patches folder under 10mb(removing factory banks does not count)

reducing your patches size folder loads vst faster

virus ti does not play well with old virus c etc banks

virus ti does not like duplicate banks or weird names symbols etc.

the above will result in a more stable browsing, for anyone using the category or the search function.

in case you want to reset the patches delete programdata/accessmusic/virusti/cache/remotesets file.

if in case you still use the vst2 disable asio guard from vst menu.

Thanks to everyone for replying.