Virus TI2 USB MIDI Single Mode Patch Change Sysex Message Loop

• Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Virus TI2 keyboard while it is connected via USB MIDI to my Windows PC. Virus is at the latest 5.1.7.00 version.

This is with MIDI Local turned off on the keyboard. I use the Virus Synth MIDI input and route it to the Virus Synth MIDI output in my DAW. I can see this problem using MIDI OX.

This may be due to a configuration error on my part, but when I change patches/programs on the Virus while it is in Single mode, it seems like the Virus sends a patch change SysEx message, which goes through my DAW and back out to the Virus, which receives it and sends another patch change SysEx message.

Another way of describing the problem... when I change patches in Single mode, the keyboard sends a patch change SysEx message every half of a second and the SE indicator on the LCD screen stays on. There's a loop with a patch change message being sent non-stop. Normally I wouldn't care but it seems that it is a burden on the Virus CPU. Occasionally the effects will stop, notes will drop out, and the complexity indicator goes full while it's set to an init patch.

Does anybody have any advice or solutions on how to prevent this patch change loop from happening?

As soon as I disconnect from the Virus Synth MIDI input the loop stops. Reconnecting, everything works great until I change patches.

Thanks,
    .jg

• OK so it seems it only happens in Single mode and not Sequencer mode or Multi mode. It would be nice if this didn't happen in Single mode but I guess I'll survive by putting it in Seq mode every time I power it on.

• Hi mate,

Not sure if you got this sorted or not, but I have been having the same problem.

I fixed the issue by going into config menu, and then changing Global channel to 1.

Not sure if that will help you, but hope it does.