Diving the SineFold

• Driving the Sinefold distortion algorithm with a high resonance filter sounds nice....

start by Slowly cranking the intensity up , backing off until it bites , then select a 6pole xfade filter with its resonance turned up , with cutoff 1/4 open , gives some interesting and unusual sounding results

• Further tests conclude that actually driving the SoftBounce using 6pole xfade high res filter gives a more cleaner interesting tones

80-100% Intensity ,in combo with the Xfade 6pole with resonance cranked to full , the main filters set em to analog and set desired key follow - for further modded fun - in the matrix set the filter bank frequency to the arpmod (and anything else that take a fancy , reverb send , arp length a gooden , patch/osc volume ,etc etc )

in the arp section have it set to ‘up’ or what ever suits , draw out your pattern , 2 or three keys to play in sequencer/piano roll ... Then blast that shit like the Prodigy..

Lame but , How do you send patches, can’t see the individual patches in documents , just the bank library’s , feel bad for the Cat Macs that can’t use VC current , then again all your doing is using the filterbanks 6 pole with res cranked up into a few of of the waveshapers

• thx for this

you can export/copy only whole banks. create a empty one and put your preset(s) in and export/copy it from your virus presets folder on your system.

(for creating empty banks - take a existing bank (one witch not much presets, delete all presets and copy it, then rename it)

• sweet one cheers ☝️

Infact it’s a few of the waveshaper algorithms In general

But with the 2-6 Pole Xfade series of filters loves to drive the waveshapers with full resonance , the tones can be controlled via the arpmod

with the 6 pole resonance cranked up , try the different waveshapers , drive the Intensity until it bites and see what ya ears like the most.. Sinefold , SoftBounce and Wavshaper are my favourites

reminiscent , interesting and distinctive tones when max resonance from a 6 pole filter slams into either of those above

• I think I just love the sound of wavefolding in general , especially over driven by some of these filter algorithms with resonance cranked ..

Starting to sway my attention toward modular where wave folding sequences are concerned , but the Virus can act in this way

• Thanks a lot for sharing this idea!

Although I was doing a lot with folding distortions lately, I've not come across this yet.

Also worth a try: Instead of using an ARP pattern, set one of the LFOs to S&H and route it in the Mod Matrix to the Filterbank Reso and other fun parameters.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Nice one ☝️ yeah driving a folder with some high resonance is a lot of fun , can come up with tones and timbres never heard before and that’s exactly what I’m trying to do , make sounds , leads that Havnt been heard or done before , have to admit nothing takes my fancy these days as it’s all been done before , so unfortunately I am quite strict on my own standards which is actually abit of a draw back , but o well , back to the laboratory

only reason i preferred the arp matrix is coz I can get stable patterns and tones out of self oscillating resonance thru the foldback... using the S&H has quite a random effect , I will give this ago though

edit - using the arp mod matrix along with the S&H lfo is pritty good , combined best of both worlds :)

• My contradiction is , that I said I wana design sounds never heard before because these days takes a lot for me to get the belly rush since everything has been heard before and rehashed - that’s fine because it works , but for me , it takes quite abit to satisfy my ears - I’m trying to stray away from the same old same , I wana produce stuff that pleases myself as well as others and not pump out the same old shit for a lame mainstream - that’s also a piece of Piss to arrange , I wana feel excited about what material I got to arrange , so far just a empty void and - yet Anything I come up with that turns my ear on , all be it sometimes simple , I’m sharing ? LOL

push limits of perception - whilst pushing limits of what one can hear

• My contradiction is , that I said I wana design sounds never heard before because these days takes a lot for me to get the belly rush since everything has been heard before and rehashed

Sometimes it's already fresh to use typical or genre specific sounds in a different way or different context. E.g. that common Virus hypersaw used as lead for a trance track is rather expected and thus boring, but can be quite interesting when used as a wide moving bass in a different genre.

Also, I found it helpful to design sounds from scratch already while developing a new track, because the sounds interact with each other and with the composition and arrangement, and that already may lead into uncharted territory.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yeah sure I’ve spend more time on the audio mixing front than I have compositions , but yeah , much of the fun is starting from init patches obviously, using twin unison , spread on elements I want to stand out , and the mix between wet and dry sounds to give contrast - eq , compression , spatial , yano all of that fun stuff..

I’ve been getting turned on by some psychedelic techno , there’s a OOOD mix that Rama compiled , if it’s your bag il throw the link

• I’ve been getting turned on by some psychedelic techno , there’s a OOOD mix that Rama compiled , if it’s your bag il throw the link

Not familiar with that style, but always interested in getting inspired by different styles...

• Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

to name a few mixes , but easily a few favourites of the genre , some good artists in there , , still yet to listen to anti fear 2 , which was uploaded not that long ago

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com

giving it a listen to now , ear gazma all round ?

• giving it a listen to now , ear gazma all round ?

Love this! Saved to my soundcloud for later listening. Thanks!