Virus TI sync issues via usb

• Hi guys, just picked ups virus TI desktop, love the sound on it very distinctive
    however i've got some issues
    I'm using osx high seirra , cubase 10 pro and a UAD Apollo black, analog outs on the virus

if I run the synth via usb and use the virus control plugin in cubase the arppegiator sync is off
    if I unplug the usb and run a Roland UM One midi to usb cable, it jumps to single mode and it syncs perfectly but if I attempt to record any knob movements for automation recording some of them don't record. should it be able to record all of them?

has anyone managed to get the arp to sync via usb in a DAW using the control plugin? I'm really surprised it doesn't do that unless I'm missing something, the vc plugin is handy for backing up patches and quick editing

my other synths which are more modern like the sub 37 can sync arps via usb so I'm puzzled why this is an issue.

thanks for your help

• Be sure to have at least 2 bars (better 4 bars on higher tempos) of a preroll before the sound with ARP starts, in order to give the VC and Virus enough time to „get into the groove“ (i.e. to properly sync).

If you use the ARP purely to play notes (and not change parameters via Mod Matrix), consider using Cubase to sequence the Virus instead (which was actually the pupose of Cubase in the first place).

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• perfect syncing here on mac os mojave with logic pro and connected spdif sync on uad apollo x6. the latter is the key to success (spdif in connected to spdif out of your interface)

preroll ( logic prox) set to 1Bar

virus connected with apple usb to thundebolt adapter ( used also the direct usb port on my macmini i7 2018)

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SeleN ()