Virus Kc bugs and system update

• Hello All,

Looking for some help as I am new to the Virus synths. I have recently picked up a Kc. Prior to getting it I had some patch banks downloaded waiting to go on. I got sorted dumping sysex using Bome and had no issues with the patch transfers. After trying out new patch banks until I found one I liked I then decided to write it from Bank A to C using flash. Since it booted up it now says Indigo 2 on startup when it used to say Virus Kc. Not a major issue but something I would like to fix. Upon further exploration of the synth I have noticed when designing my own patches that the LED's for LFO3 don't light when scrolling through the destinations until you adjust a destination amount and then the LED's will cycle through as normal. The other bug is on LFO 3 again. When you change a destination amount all destination amounts for LFO 3 will change to the same value. You can't set different values for PW 1 and PW2 for example.

I had decided to try and re install the OS 6.5 update to see if it will resolve any of these issues. In the installation instructions it says Kc owners should switch off the power for a few seconds after the install although it doesn't tell you at exactly what time to power off and I'm anxious if I switch off too early or too late will I corrupt the OS.

If anybody has any experience with any of the above issues or has updated a kc or indigo 2 and can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers:)

• Thanks for the reply. I didn't actually install any system updates since I got it I just moved sounds from bank A to bank C. I have been in touch with Access support and they inform me that the LFO3 issues are not bugs but rather just how LFO3 behaves.

I could try and update the system to get it back to saying kc on boot up but not sure I want to risk it as the synth is functioning fine otherwise and technically all the c models have the same board so it shouldn't make any difference.

The instruction manual is pretty poor for explaining about system updates. There is a good video on youtube where a guy goes through the whole process using the midi file in chunks.

The one thing it says in the text of the 6.5 update is to switch off the keyboard for a few seconds after installing new update. this only applies to the keyboard models kc and Indigo 2. It is written in block capitals as if it is important but it doesn't exactly say when to switch off and I know if you switch off at the wrong time you could brick the whole thing.

I think ill just leave well enough alone for now until I hear from somebody with direct experience of updating a kc. Thanks