Question about Dsp chips in the virus ti2 desktop

• Hi guys

My ti2 was bought in 2015 brand new, I opened it up recently to check the battery to make sure it wasn’t swelling. I ended up taking a picture of the mother board as well.

I came across an article at synthmorph the future of access virus which said the Dsp chip in the access virus should be dsp56321 250 MHz which is supposed to be 25% faster than the ti1.

I then had a look at the picture I took of the mother board in my ti2 desk top and the Dsp chips are dspb56367ag 150.

My question is, is the article in synthmorph wrong about the chips inside the ti2, or did access just put 2 older Dsp chips in to my ti2 desk top?

• My question is, is the article in synthmorph wrong about the chips inside the ti2, or did access just put 2 older Dsp chips in to my ti2 desk top?

IMHO, although that Synthmorph article is very interesting and seems well researched, it seems to be wrong about some DSP models.

Looking at the specs of the DSP 56367 shows that it was available in a 100MIPS and 150MIPS version, which would comply with Access stating that the TI2 had roughly 30% more processing power than the TI.

Also, the 56321 seems to have a completely different feature set, which IMHO would make it unlikely to use the same firmware for the TI and TI2.

see this discussion on Infekted.org.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• My TI2 Desktop has DSP B 56367 AG150

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+