A librarian ...

• What is your system? What is your interface? I have found that using a DEDICATED interface help a lot with latency.

• What is your system? What is your interface? I have found that using a DEDICATED interface help a lot with latency.

I use a MOTU 828mk3 (firewire), and never had a general laency issue before.

The problem is not the latency of my system (general latency of my whole system is less than 20ms), the problem is the latency of the USB audio communication with the Virus. I just don't care that the "Live" mode solves the problem: I use my system for live gigs, and yes, I DO press the PLAY button, so the "Live" mode is not avaible when I play !

Now I don't use USB audio (and VC) anymore. I use the USB connection only for MIDI communication, the Virus in MULTI mode, and I use the 6 analog audio outs plugged in 6 audio inputs of my 828mk3, and I made a little Max4Live pach for automation purposes. See below a screenshot of a typical setup :

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5766/virusti2setup.jpg]

• if you aren't using vc why you connected virus usb cables,,
    disconnected usb cable and route your virus with midi input and output by you motu midi interface
    put your motu buffser size to 128-256 then play your gig...
    also check your delay compensation which is on or off!!

• if you aren't using vc why you connected virus usb cables,,
    disconnected usb cable and route your virus with midi input and output by you motu midi interface
    put your motu buffser size to 128-256 then play your gig...
    also check your delay compensation which is on or off!!

because my MIDI outs are already used for other instruments, and I dont want to do more MIDI chaining.

As I said, I have absolutely no problem this way, the problem was when using the Virus VST and USB audio.

• I read somewhere that USB MIDI transmits data 14x faster then MIDI IN and OUTs. After reading your reply I found it interesting that you use your virus this way (and cool). I use live and when I play live music after pushing play, if the live play button is pressed before I start the part I play is live because the virus routes it into the direct output and bypasses the software, I think. if you setup your configuration of delay compensation for it being live and always play it live, Ableton will playback MIDI data from the Virus in real time.

This has been the bane to me as well, but after tweaking my system, I've gotten it right as well.

I hope that helps.

• I'm not sure if this is the kind of solution some of you are looking for but there are some VST host programs out there that will allow you to run VST instruments and effects without the full-fledged DAW.
    I did a little bit of searching and I came across these. I don't have the need for these applications yet but eventually if I ever get a chance to perform live I would like to try them out for VC.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/rax/

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/VSTiHostOSX/

The programs may or may not work with VC. Maybe someone would like to be the guinea pig?

• Thank you all for usefull posts!

Yesterday I have bought a TI2 Desktop and in the first 10 minutes I have found this sync problem with ARP :D I have also MOTU 828mk3 (firewire) and I am always using the analog audio IN/OUT to transmit the audio signal. There is also a 828mk3 USB version. Advertisements sometimes say, that the transfer speed of USB2 and firewire F400 is almost the same. But the main difference is that USB2 transfer is always controlled by the host computer. In firewire connection both sides can control the transfer, so the connection is in final faster than USB2. So I can imagine, that routing 3 audio HiFi signals through USB2 could cause the sync troubles. I will try to disable audio over USB and let's see what happens :)

Peter

• I would love to be able to run VC via USB but midi and audio straight from my TI Desktop. Audio/Midi over USB with the TI just isn't reliable.

• VC as a librarian vsti running on trough regular midi cable would be awsome!

I mean, there is soo many people having trouble with this cool idea of USB doing everything. Its all about respecting customer and admiting the failure of providing product that are working 100% and bug free.

Vc librarian trough midi would be a way to keep going making music and using MOST of the feature in any daw whitout headach.

Thank you.

• This is a great idea! I remember the Virus C and the SoundDiver librarian that came with it. I especially liked how everything was laid out on one page, it made it easy to see at a glance how a patch was built. The tabs in the VC are okay and make the VC compact, but sometimes I need the big picture. Sometimes clicking between tabs when editing becomes a pain. It would be nice to have a "master" page or something as an option so that you could see all parameters laid out at a glance.

• Hehe 101 (days) since this post were updated last so it just needed a little BUMP.. As of today trying to make a decent track with the TI2 and after 5 minutes it sounded like it had to many drinks . arp went out of sync and stuttered like an old fart, notes played totally random e.t.c Using the USB doesn't cut it anymore and i feel sad everytime i have use this powerful synth with this interface and having to unplug a lot of other likewise important USB stuff from my DAW to be able to play the Virus and using the VC.. ofcourse using the knobs to tweak the sounds is really smooth but a librarian through USB for data communication and managing sounds only would be really nice. Using the regular audio outs through the regular audiosystem together with either the Midex 8 or the Motu Midiexpress 128 is really rock solid.

Pretty please?

• Such a major fail on access' part.

No Librarian for individual patches without a DAW.
    Also, forcing USB to be used for midi & Audio within the DAW....

But seriously, This no librarian thing is such a a PITA! Have to always launch Cubase just to set up a custom library.

Wait, and I can't tocuh the ROM banks in Cubase so Back out to the VCC!!
    C'mon Seriously!?
    Amazing I can use my Virus C & Soundiver still but there is no equivalent for the Ti... :S sigh...

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von theRoyal1 ()

• I am going out of my flipping mind.

Virus Control is useless.
    I have paid for Mystery Islands VST and that too is glitchy and is way over complicated for what I want.
    ALL I want is a flippiing goddam way to just:

OPEN my saved patches
    CHANGE them
    AND SAVE THEM AGAIN
    WOW!!!! That was sooooo complex wasn't it?

But So far after months of looking, I am still unable to do this.

AAaAaaaaaaaagagggghhhhhhhh.

• I finally managed to partially understand how to use the VIRUS HC (mystery isalnds)
    It works to basically load single patches into the virus.

But saving them again is painfully bizarre and complicated
    And don't even mention Multi's to me.......

why the F**K can't Access just provide us with a god dam librarian????!!!!!!!!

AGAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• I am a software developer
    If someone can point me to how the hell the virus dumping midi works
    and how to make a VST - I can probably make this myself.

Prob is i dont know what language to use and how the API works etc

Any help anyone?

• There is a version made with CTRLR - You can write panels in LUA, and someone made an awesome panel set for the TI, including librarian. However it was made for an older version and I can't get recent versions to work. You could check that out? Maybe also work on updating it for newer versions or something :)

• Yeah i tried to dowload the CTRLR Virus panel but could never find the link.
    Did you actually get it to work?

I have been talking to the mystery isands support for months and i still cant do a basic task...

1) LOAD patches fromcomputer
    2) change them
    3) SAVE them oncomputer

which is a complete no brainer using the Acces VC
    But for some reason the people at Mystery Islands decided to make it the most complex bizarre task imaginable.