Mystery Island V2 for Catalina Beta is out....

• Is this software a stop gap for the incompatibly of the last TI installer (5.1.7.00) with Catalina? Does it serve the same purpose? Will it allow a TI Polar to work via USB?

Jose 2 Hype
    2 Hype Records
    Las Vegas USA

Logic Pro

Mac OS Monterey

Apollo 8 (Thunderbolt)

Virus TI Polar

• For now, for me, it's a potato. Let me explain... Just starting it says not to use the USB port, you have to use the MIDI port, leaving you without the possibility of using the synthesizer in an external way, you are conditioned to use it with DAW.

I have a Nord Modular G2 and Nord Micromodular that have a patch editor, but, but, they have an exclusive MIDI port to connect with the computer, leaving another free MIDI port to do whatever you want, such as having a set of machines. The computer ONLY serves to deal with patches.

This is what I expected from this fudge, that the USB port would be used to handle the Patchs and with the MIDI port used with an external drumboxs and synth system.

• For now, for me, it's a potato. Let me explain... Just starting it says not to use the USB port, you have to use the MIDI port, leaving you without the possibility of using the synthesizer in an external way, you are conditioned to use it with DAW.

I have a Nord Modular G2 and Nord Micromodular that have a patch editor, but, but, they have an exclusive MIDI port to connect with the computer, leaving another free MIDI port to do whatever you want, such as having a set of machines. The computer ONLY serves to deal with patches.

This is what I expected from this fudge, that the USB port would be used to handle the Patchs and with the MIDI port used with an external drumboxs and synth system.

I use the USB port for everything and it works fine. The limitation is on the Virus hardware end, in that when you have USB connected, it disables its own MIDI ports.

I've raised this limitation several times on this forum.

• I can have the USB port to control the presets (MacBook Pro with VirusHC) and the two MIDI ports to be connected to other hardware, Toraiz Squid, Analog Rytm MKII, Nord Modular, MiniBrute, etc, without depending on a computer?

This would really be the ideal.

• I can have the USB port to control the presets (MacBook Pro with VirusHC) and the two MIDI ports to be connected to other hardware, Toraiz Squid, Analog Rytm MKII, Nord Modular, MiniBrute, etc, without depending on a computer?

This would really be the ideal.

You can certainly control presets on USB and use the MIDI ports to send and receive to/from external devices. However, if you have USB connected, the Virus *synth* engine won't receive MIDI on the 5 pin DIN MIDI input. In that case, you have to send MIDI notes etc. to the Virus via USB.

That is a shame indeed.

Even though it tells you not to, clicking ''Virus TI Synth'' for Midi In and Midi Out works perfectly fine. using USB seems to be a bit more stable and faster than midi too.

Does anyone know how to save patches though? Loading INIT patches works fine but ATM I only know how to edit the 16 patches that are already loaded into my Virus...

• One thing I haven't figured out how to do on VirusHC, which I hope someone can help with (latest v2 rc9), is how to get the plug-in to remember settings and patches.

I thought that the plugin should remember MIDI connection and patch settings on the project - right?

So far, I've been writing to the Virus' RAM.

• ive just got it today, looks promising..things im stuck on (using midi only-no usb).

Ive got what looks like mystery island patches showing in the virus HC, and when im playing a sound, only the init patch of the virus is playing, no matter patch ive loaded.

The controls are both working from HC and the virus.

Ive also copied my patches into the mystery islands preset folder, but these dont appear?

Using Logic x, Ti KYB

• This is just bad business practices. Have Kemper and whoever no sense of ethics. I didn't buy your instrument for all the perks to have you skimp on them at a later time. The main reason people buy this instrument is for the MIDI over USB and even if it wasn't an update isn't too much to ask for an instrument with such pedigree especially after so long. Mac updating their OS keeps things nice and tidy. Perhaps you could learn a thing or two from them. I say this only because it's been a year since Catalina came out and we've heard no word about Big Sur compatibility. Just ridiculous. 5 year-olds could have made an update by now. An update after a year isn't too much to ask for from such a skilled team of coders. Please show us some love.

• Hey

What is better in Virus HC campared to oryginal Virus TI VST?

Any important differences? Is there a comparison somewhere?

VirusHC (or any other midi editor):

1: Works on Big Sur

2: No more annoying Midi Timing problems!

3: There is no Latency. (only the actual buffer size of your DAW)

4: Loading & saving patches is a bit finnicky but once you get the hang of it works fine.

5: Total Recall works fine, when set up correctly. (!)

6: Audio via audio interface with perfect midi timing.

Virus TI:

1: UX design looks arguably ''better''.

2: Mojave is the last supported OS. Catalina does work but midi latency changes all the time so can't be trusted.

3: Annoying Midi timing problems.

4: Latency is around 80 ms. Most DAWs automatically compensate this for you but still annoying when playing midi notes.

5: loading & saving patches works fine

6: Total Recall works fine

7: audio via USB. Audio through an audio interface is possible but the midi timing will not be reliable.