Is this possible?

• Hey Guys,

So I've been wondering if there is a way to send a message to the virus that would make the panel switch to a particular sound in Multimode. Like I understand you can cycle through the sounds in multimode using the controls on the virus, but what I'm envisioning is possibly creating something in max for live, so that when I select a track in ableton, it would sort off "ping" the virus and switch the focus to that sound maybe based on midi channel or something.

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate any feedback!!

• So I've been wondering if there is a way to send a message to the virus that would make the panel switch to a particular sound in Multimode. Like I understand you can cycle through the sounds in multimode using the controls on the virus, but what I'm envisioning is possibly creating something in max for live, so that when I select a track in ableton, it would sort off "ping" the virus and switch the focus to that sound maybe based on midi channel or something.

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate any feedback!!

I have no idea how this is done, but the Virus TI plugin is able to do exactly that: When you select a track in the DAW (e.g. Cubase) the corresponding Part is selected in the Plugin and the Virus switches to that Part. Maybe there's a sysex message which can do that.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I can't find the midi implementation anywhere in the manuals (online). I wish I had the unit in front of me, but I regrettably sold it long ago. I've been thinking of getting it back but would like to know if I could make this workflow work..

I don't think program change would work because that would change to a specific program. I just want to display a specific part, based on channel.