Importing/organizing sounds on Ti2 desktop

• Hi all— brand new to Virus and this forum. I’d appreciate any guidance you can give on the following:

Due to Catalina compatibility issues (which I learned about only after purchasing this expensive synth and trying vainly to make the heavily marketed “total integration” aspect of the Virus work), I’m running my Ti2 desktop on a “standalone” basis (i.e., not connected to my MacBook Pro running Logic). I have it connected instead via USB to a separate Mac Mini (running older OS) and through midi cables/Motu midi interface and audio cables into my audio interface. The synth sounds great and I’d still like to find a way to use it in my set up but I hate menu diving and I’m getting frustrated with the clunkiness of trying to organize and audition the factory sounds and with trying to figure out how to try new patches from other users/third party developers. I’m looking for a solution to manage the factory presets and to download new patches. The only version of Virus Control I’ve been able to find to download to the Mac Mini appears to only do updates and backups. (And even that it doesn’t seem to do well...I’ve had lots of problems with it getting hung up in some weird updating mode). I can’t seem to make it do much of anything else. I’ve read elsewhere on the forum about moving .mid files (with new patches) into a patches folder and then Virus Control recognizing them and making them available when new projects are opened. I have a feeling a different version of Virus Control than the one I have is being referred to. And possibly a version that I can’t use due to the compatibility issues with Catalina. If that’s true, is there another way to import patches given my patchwork setup?

Sorry if I’m missing something basic...not the most computer savvy person. Thanks again for any help.

• There‘s the Virus Control Center, which is the app you found.

And there‘s the Virus Control, plugin (AU & VST), which runs in a DAW such as Cubase or Logic.

You could use Apple Mainstage as a host for the VC plugin to have a solution without a DAW.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+