New MacBook Pro with M1 Chips

• and what about arpeggiator? is everything work properly? I can't get it to work in sync, the notes don't hit in time, I always hear some delay...

Every note is perfectly hitting on time. Just make sure to enter the right amount of pre-day on your midi channel.

On my particular setup I have the I/O buffer set to 512 samples, which means I have about a 19 ms round trip delay, so my midi channels are all pre-delayed by -19ms.

• Hi Virus Team,

unfortunately I am disappointed in how they treat us customers. You could just write we won't update anymore so most of us will sell the equipment and buy a better brand that doesn't blow their customers
    Regards Bart M

• To be honest, most synth companies have poor support especially Roland and Korg so Access Kemper is not alone in bad customer service and lack of support. But at least Roland keeps their hardware updated with new software OS versions on Mac and PC Windows.

• To be honest, most synth companies have poor support especially Roland and Korg so Access Kemper is not alone in bad customer service and lack of support. But at least Roland keeps their hardware updated with new software OS versions on Mac and PC Windows.

All they want to do is sell a new product to you every year/quarter/etc. Existing products will never be maintained beyond a year or two. This is a fundamentally wasteful and abusive trait of laissez-faire capitalism.

Several of these companies could probably FUND the development of new drivers via the existing users paying a minor/moderate fee, but that doesn't get the big dollars they want on the BUSINESS GROWTH end of their companies' public face. So it's always make the next thing and sell that, hopefully to people who aren't so burned on prior abandoned products... unless there's an infinite source of new customers to pick from...

• While I agree with the sentiment and criticism of Korg/Roland, I'd like to point out that Access was particularly great in the past. They kept giving free updates to the Virus owners long after the models were released. It's only after they began focusing on the Kemper Amp that the Virus models stopped receiving updates. A bad business decision from my point of view since they lost a lot of customer loyalty this way, but their previous update policy was definitely outstanding before.

• Kemper probably thinks hardware synths are dead since Howard Scarr and top sound designers jumped ship to U-He to focus on soft synths like Hive and Zebra. But yea it sucks these companies gave up on loyal customers. I’m done buying synths for a long time. Anything missing is at my fingertips in a soft synth and I’m not playing live in clubs anyways.

• CLASS ACTION,I CALLED MY LAWYER TODAY SOON SOON XD

My solution was to buy an old macbook air and i installed mojave on it ...

buy this software 50euros no way, pay an old mac 200 euros is ok cos can use for other things...

i heard about a class action but i think that is a joke ... i wont sell my virus ti2 cos i like it so much ... but i d like to use it on my m1 pro with original software but i think will be never ...

• Aura plug in does way more than the virus TI plug in.

The ti plug in is fine for ti mode but if working in multi mode as I like to do, it's bloody hopeless.

Although aura requires you to sync, so does the ti plug in when you first connect up.

If using multiple virus's as I do, it's hopeless!

Well worth the fee even if to just transfer certain sounds between synths.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• Aura plug in does way more than the virus TI plug in.

As someone using the TI plugin heavily for seven years, I have to disagree. The TI software isn’t available as standalone and it doesn’t manage Multis, but it has a better organized UI and does a couple of things much better than the Aura plugin. Some of the minor shortcomings can be overcome by future improvements, the more important ones like audio sync issues are simply not controllable by the Aura plugin and require elaborate workarounds.

So while the efforts of Aura Plugins are highly commendable, and their Virus editor is a good solution for some, it’s not a direct replacement for the original TI software and most probably never will be.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()

• Agree with this Oli. They both have their place. The TI software is better when working in seq mode hands down but for managing your library, Aura every day.

As always it's finding out what works for you.

For me, the TI plug in can't do half the things I want a decent librarian tool to do. Aura steps in there but doesn't replace it.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• but for managing your library, Aura every day.

Then you haven’t found out the incredibly cool drag & drop power features plus the context operations of the TI plugin. Once you got used to them, you can’t understand why not every editor offers them.

PS: Some hints OTTOMH:

- Select a range of patches and drag them to another location within the same library

- Swap to patches within the same library by dragging one over the other

- Swap ranges of patches by dragging

- Sort patches with context menu

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()

• AFAIK though, the TI plugin can't manage your multis and then save them back to the Virus like the Aura plugin does ?

As soon as I come out of SEQ mode, my multis are 'as they were' which when I'm not working in SEQ mode is not great for me - unless I'm talking nonsense of course in which case feel free to correct me !

As I've mentioned I use MULTI mode a lot and the TI plugin only seems to manage the Multis when in SEQ mode.

Also it can't backup an entire bank of patches in Single mode - again unless I'm talking nonsense.

It also only has one window of patches displayed at a time so dragging and dropping is not as easy - in Aura I can drag and drop from one bank to another.

I like both for their own merits.

In TI mode AURA sucks. In multi mode I get hung notes constantly so it's definitely not flawless by a long chalk but at least somebody is doing something to carry on where Access themselves have given up which can only be a bonus for us all - and they're still developing...

• AFAIK though, the TI plugin can't manage your multis and then save them back to the Virus like the Aura plugin does ?

As already mentioned, it doesn’t manage Multis.

Also it can't backup an entire bank of patches in Single mode - again unless I'm talking nonsense.

It can make backups of whole banks. Mode is irrelevant for that.

It also only has one window of patches displayed at a time so dragging and dropping is not as easy - in Aura I can drag and drop from one bank to another.

Have another look… it’s even in the videos I made for you.