So I've decided to go cold turkey (I use the Virus as a Midi synth now)

• Since MacOS Big Sur Came out I decided to go cold turkey on the Virus TI plugin. Tried a couple midi editors available and eventually settled on the one I bought ages ago: The Virus HC by Mystery-Islands.

Now to be absolutely honest: it's not perfect. Saving patches does not really work well and you can't tweak knobs while playing midi at time same time because it causes midi hiccup, but to be honest all I really need is that my sounds load automatically when opening songs, and somehow it does. (like 90% of the time)

I'm now one week in, and I already have three songs midway-finished, so my productivity is back to normal.

My tip for all of you Virus TI users: stop waiting for Access to release their updated plugin. It just won't happen. It's either time to let go of the Virus TI completely, or as we say in dutch: ''roeien met de riemen die je hebt'' / ''row with the paddels you got'' and use the Virus as a midi instrument as it's still a great sounding synth.

As for opening my old songs (I've been using the Virus TI since 2013 in my productions) , I still have a working MacOS Mojave partition on an older Mac, and I'll need to schedule in a couple days, or (probably) even a week, to export the those old Virus TI stems into audio, just so I can reopen them on my Macs from now on.

• MI site is a mess. No clear instructions. ZERO support. How not to run a website or business.

Yep I know.. Had to open a support ticket myself to which they simply stopped replying..

But still, it's the only viable option at the moment as it does save and recall your patch settings in your project files.

That's something the alternatives lack in AFAIK.

• Ive got it working to a point, virus patched are showing, and mi plugin tweaks sends midi to virus, but when i change the patch in the plugin it doesnt change the patch /sound of the virus? Must be getting close!!

• I have the MI plug-n working, but I don't get on with it all that well tbh. It's never felt 100% stable.

The official Virus plug-in is very well laid-out and easy to navigate. I just wish we could have it as a stand-alone editor application. Using the analogue outputs is no problem and stops most of the latency issues too.

• I have the MI plug-n working, but I don't get on with it all that well tbh. It's never felt 100% stable.

The official Virus plug-in is very well laid-out and easy to navigate. I just wish we could have it as a stand-alone editor application. Using the analogue outputs is no problem and stops most of the latency issues too.

Maybe check out The CTRLR virus TI panel then. It only allows for single mode but at least it gives you the same GUI as the Access Virus plugin.

For me the MI plugin works fine. Even though you are right, it never feels 100% stable, but all I care about is that my patches are saved within my project files. It does that (99% of the time) so for me it's the best solution at this time.

I agree with your last point. Just give us an updated Virus plugin. Doesn't have to be that advanced. Audio via Analog is perfectly fine. I do not care about audio via USB.

• Yes but the access plugin doesnt work in catalina. So cant use analog outs (be good if it did) so im Stuck with mi plug

It does work in Catalina... BUT.. I would agree if you'd say it doesn't make sense to start using it now. Eventually you'll have to upgrade to Big Sur or later anyway.

• ok so im still awaiting Mi for an answer...if i change a patch within the virus HC it doesnt change the sound of the patch (it stays what ever the virus is showing) the HC filter tweaks (for example) do work to, and from the virus so they are connected. My virus library is showing in the Hc. what am i missing?