Who's willing to pay for a New Mac driver inc. M1

• access : If you are unwilling, unable or incapable of delivering a driver that supports the latest os at the time you are selling you’re equipment, open source the driver and let the community help out.

Instead of sending more money to access, send de source code to the community. I expect there will be a lot of developers (including myself) that would want to lend a hand or 2….

• hey guys Ive posted this in a couple other threads here but Ive got the midi Driver working on Monterey.. I dont have any sort of librarian at this point and will sort that out but for now Im able to connect midi to the Virus from both Logic and Ableton and use my controller to control parameters like Cutoff , Res , ADSR. Heres the link . So far its working well. I'll report back if there are any issues I encounter. .Oh and BTW I have a Virus TI no the TI2 and it still seems to be working

https://github.com/biappi/SimpleVirusUSBMidiDriver

• hey guys Ive posted this in a couple other threads here but Ive got the midi Driver working on Monterey.. I dont have any sort of librarian at this point and will sort that out but for now Im able to connect midi to the Virus from both Logic and Ableton and use my controller to control parameters like Cutoff , Res , ADSR. Heres the link . So far its working well. I'll report back if there are any issues I encounter. .Oh and BTW I have a Virus TI no the TI2 and it still seems to be working

https://github.com/biappi/SimpleVirusUSBMidiDriver

Cool! I'll try it with TI2 in Logic and let you know how it works.

Many thanks!

• Are they really that bad? Was planning on getting their editor for my OB-6.

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• I would pay. Definitely.

I mean... the Virus TI2 came out how long ago and still works WAYYYYY better than Elektron's Overbridge?

If Access is not going to do anything with their technology they need to sell it to someone who will. Like me. ?

• Mojave is end of life as of November of last year... so now you have the choice of security updates or a working Virus

If you're in a country that has consumer protection laws, please file a claim/lawsuit. The fact that they're still marketing this feature and selling new units that are broken out of the box is unreal

This is the only hope I have at this point to get their attention

• Mojave is end of life as of November of last year... so now you have the choice of security updates or a working Virus

If you're in a country that has consumer protection laws, please file a claim/lawsuit. The fact that they're still marketing this feature and selling new units that are broken out of the box is unreal

I've already done so.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

How do you go about this?

• There is a third party company (mysteryislands-music.com) who's main developer, Jani, has essentially recreated the Virus Patch Librarian, DAW Plugin and Editor (the only thing missing is the Total Integration Functionality, can't play Audio via USB): https://www.mysteryislands-mus…duct/access-virus-editor/

Instead of paying/rewarding Access for their neglect and incompetence to support Apple users, why not encourage and Pay Jani to accomplish this task? He deserves it more: [email protected]

• Virus HE is the buggiest software I have ever used in my life and I tried to contact the developer to get the crashing sorted but I had no response, It doesn't give me good vibes

There's been like 10 updates since your post, VirusHE software has come a long way and has been worked on a lot, it's fully compatible with M1 now.

• There's been like 10 updates since your post, VirusHE software has come a long way and has been worked on a lot, it's fully compatible with M1 now.

I've reported a few of those bugs hahaha but it still uses something like 390mb of Ram with is insane just for a controller it's really not solution, I'd rather wait for access to give us a proper solution than spending money on a third party that since version 2 hasn't convinced me at all.

• Instead of paying/rewarding Access for their neglect and incompetence to support Apple users, why not encourage and Pay Jani to accomplish this task? He deserves it more: [email protected]

Very simple: Because it is not Total Integration.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I've reported a few of those bugs hahaha but it still uses something like 390mb of Ram with is insane just for a controller it's really not solution, I'd rather wait for access to give us a proper solution than spending money on a third party that since version 2 hasn't convinced me at all.

Rome wasn't built in a day. At least he presented a solution where access didn't.