Who's willing to pay for a New Mac driver inc. M1

• Did ya know Access updated their website recently??

This is SO frustrating.. seeing their website updated.. But they still show NOTHING about supporting modern macOS... I've loved ALL the Viri I've owned. I kept an old Mac mini running Mojave... just so I could use my TI. But now that mini died, and I have no way now to fully use the center of my sonic joy for nearly 20 years.

I believed in Access to keep things updated. They went above and beyond expectations up until Apple killed 32 bit apps. But I gave Access the benefit of the doubt because I know that migrating things to 64 bits is no trivial task. I know because I am a macOS and iOS developer, and these libraries being used... they haven't been migrated to Swift. There is no magic migration assistant.... There is no tutorial on Ray Wenderlich or answer on StackOverflow. It's not something one can do in a weekend. What they have to do to migrate to modern macOS and Logic is HARD!

But to see Access update the website. While saying NOTHING for anyone using a modern Mac. And to see the unmitigated gall of them continuing to sell the TI2 alongside their silly Kemper guitar crap... I'm beyond angry! They've killed any remaining patience and empathy I might have had. I will NEVER own another Access or Kemper product again. I'm selling both my rack mount C and full keyboard TI and moving on. To hell with this company. To hell with my fave synth ever made. I'm done.

• I'll also add... I'd have gladly paid for the update necessary to make things work with modern macOS and Apple Silicon. The effort involved, as I already said isn't trivial. Software development is NOT cheap. Developers deserved to be paid. Had Access/Kemper been transparent all this time... I'd be cool. Had they updated the site AND taken the time to say they are "working on an update for their synths"... I'd be cool.

But the neglect shown by Kemper to Virus users without any updates or any obvious mention of an pending update... while also now selling the TI2 hardware with ancient software... as if it continues to be usable to any casual user is just inexcusable! If not even criminal in some jurisdictions.

God I am so mad at y'all. This hurts so much. I stayed quiet for a few years now. But damn ya'll broke my heart. Shame on you Kemper!

• Seriously. It makes me so mad! And I have one last thing to say. I’d have gladly supported a gofundme. Or whatever. Virus was a legend of music production. A brand worth preserving. Jesus, the legends who’ve used a Virus!! And y’all squandered it!

I don’t know what happened to Marc and those who had integrity and actually cared about their product. But this lesser shell of a company that is left…. Kemper…. The one that shifted to a completely different product while leaving us Virus users in the dark…. Their new potential customers need to know that they are not dependable. That their new products could at any time be rendered obsolete. That kemper can not be trusted to support their products.

The sudden and marked silence (for YEARS NOW) from Kemper/Access can not go unpunished! Spread the word. We shouldn’t be left to plead with folks to write some replacement software. Clearly this plea isn’t expecting something free. It seems an extremely foolish business decision by Kemper to not outsource someone to create a paid virus TI/2 update. It shows they do not care about their brand and history…. Much less their loyal users.

Y’all made me an enemy of your future success. Which sucks because I previously wanted nothing more than your continued success. And I’m confident I am not the only one.

• I’d gladly say all this is me being a drama queen. I’ll happily delete posts and change my tune. I’d love nothing more than a “sorry we ignored you for years, but please forgive us! We are working hard on an update.” Hell, I’d even explore my desire to take up guitar and buy a new Kemper product.. if you’d just throw us loyal 20+ years virus users a bone.

Don’t believe the 20 year thing? How about this amusing memory! Yes. I saved this hysterical

email from a yahoo virus group almost 20 years ago.90A2C676-79BF-402A-9BB7-1649D063CE3D.jpeg603A2E19-DBF3-4B19-8A81-E2587F0940B7.jpeg

• Yes, it is really leaving us abandoned, by this lack of updating which has lasted for 12 years.
    On the other hand, personally, the Virus TI-2 is for my needs, the best lucrative synth. Ditto, to overcome the compatibility concerns, my old macbook under Captain is on duty. But, recently, thanks to the independent developer AIRA, we can navigate on Mac Big-Sure (M1) with their very well functional controller. I remain confident in Access, I don't blame them, because above all the TI2 gives me huge sound at all times, that's the main thing, moreover, this Hardware is very solid. Patience, patience and haste to see the evolution of Viruses...

• Hopefully Access Music and Kemper hire some bright new developers to update the driver software for newer Mac OS X computers! I ended up having to return a brand new Macbook Pro that won't work on Virus due to incompatible newer versions. Spent great deal of my weekend playing Mac OS system administrator to downgrade the Mac OS X on two very old macbooks to use El Capitan and High Sierra so I can run the Virus TI software and Logic X. Also have to use a much older version for Logic X (10.3.3 and 10.4.3!!!!) to create and record stuff from the new Virus ti2 keyboard that I just bought. So yeah I am willing to contribute!!!!

• I now use the TI as a classic synth, only using the MIDI- and audio cable options. But I'm really missing the "AU" option. That was very flexibel for quickly programming patches. So paying for an upgrade is a no-brainer.

• For me the power of the TI software is with loading, changing and managing presets in the many banks of the Virus and selecting these. Also the mod matrix has hundreds of choices and scrolling one at a time in the UI of the hardware is painful at best. So yeah the TI software when working is very useful!

• Having not logged in here for some time, I checked the site today naively assuming that a reputable German company like Access would have their software working on a supported version of MAC OS. After all, it's been several years! What the hell are they playing at? Anyway, yes I would pay for a working AU at this point. The only reason I bough the Ti2 was for the total integration..

• do you think or know if i could use my Virus ti2 in Ventura with omnisphere?i mean it could be some sort of a sollution if that is possible.I got my fair share of hardware synths and i dont wan sell my virus but i want to use it somehow in a daw enviroment

• another option is the iPad touch app for virus. I’m using the aura mi on MacBook Ventura and now only use the virus firmware update on my older Mac. It’s sad that other synth makers like Waldorf update their hardware to use the latest Mac OS versions. Access Kemper is way too focused on the guitar amp profiler now.

• unfortunately I just decided to move back to windows where my virus works great in cubase. I struggled to much with Aura Access Virus Editor, mostly problems with arp sync, It's very very frustrating and I guess I tried everything to make it work. Maybe in the meantime I'll try to make it work somehow but generally I would give everything for the new official drivers for apple silicon...