How do I update Virus firmware?

• I'm having issues with my Ti2, so I thought I'd update the firmware. At startup the device shows a version number 5.1.1.0. On the website there seems to be a version 5.1.7.0 available. However it says it's incompatible with Catalina, which is what I'm running. But what does that mean? Is it the installer for Virus Ti software or firmware or both? I'm running my Virus as a separate box, only connected to my computer via an audio interface, so I only need to update the firmware. How do I do that?

• To update the Virus OS (firmware), you need to run the Virus Control Center on an older MacOS or a Windows system.

If you’re running the Virus as standalone synth, why do you want to update the firmware? AFAIR there were only changes to the TI integration for MacOS compatibility since 5.0.8. Check the release notes.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• To update the Virus OS (firmware), you need to run the Virus Control Center on an older MacOS or a Windows system.

If you’re running the Virus as standalone synth, why do you want to update the firmware? AFAIR there were only changes to the TI integration for MacOS compatibility since 5.0.8. Check the release notes.

As I mentioned, I was having issues with Virus. But if there are no fixes available I guess I'll forget about the update then.