a little video about the Mystery Island Music Virus software.......

• Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I am considering buying a newer Virus (Ti Polar or Darkstar) and I just noticed this picture on the site:

https://www.virus.info/virusti/totalintegration

It is an Apple computer :). Could this mean that the Total Integration software will work on the latest MacOS versions soon? Otherwise I will consider the Mystery Islands version that seems to be a good alternative.

That's a very old iMac. And no. I would not count on it. Just get VirusHC or CTRLR & never look back.

• Mystery Island software is very very buggy. I can't still get it work without constant crashes (Cubase, Logic Pro) and for example arp sync problems. Also support is like no support at all.

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• well here it’s working ! what problems are you having ? are u using 3.0 ?

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• Yes, I tried many different versions including v2. I've never got the response from the support (once I have after a loooong time but It wasn't any good) but I was asking about a bit different things - I guess I have to try to send the new message with the log from the crash.
    First thing is when I connect access virus editor with the virus ti snow and then close the plugin gui (or open) it crashes cubase/logic pro. Always. It has to be always open. Other thing I rarely have a good synchronisation when I use arpeggios. Also 4 tracks from the synth rarely play in sync (they missing the sync during playback randomly). I use iConnectivity Mio or usb connection from virus.

• have you deactivated midi inputs port from the synth in yout daws setting ?

• Yes, I tried many different versions including v2. I've never got the response from the support (once I have after a loooong time but It wasn't any good) but I was asking about a bit different things - I guess I have to try to send the new message with the log from the crash.
    First thing is when I connect access virus editor with the virus ti snow and then close the plugin gui (or open) it crashes cubase/logic pro. Always. It has to be always open. Other thing I rarely have a good synchronisation when I use arpeggios. Also 4 tracks from the synth rarely play in sync (they missing the sync during playback randomly). I use iConnectivity Mio or usb connection from virus.

version 3.0.0 build 9001 works without issues and eliminates the bug with daw crashing.

• well here it’s working ! what problems are you having ? are u using 3.0 ?

Great to hear! I have it now since 2 weeks and almost everything works fine. However I did not succeed yet in one important thing: loading a new program (=sound) from the Editor/library into the Virus Polar TI2. I can only choose programs that are already stored in the RAM or ROM memories of the Virus. (That is very useful too, I must say)

SeleN: can you upload new sounds from the editor into the virus?

I sent an email to Mystery Islands Music with some more details about and hopefully they have a solution.

• Great to hear! I have it now since 2 weeks and almost everything works fine. However I did not succeed yet in one important thing: loading a new program (=sound) from the Editor/library into the Virus Polar TI2. I can only choose programs that are already stored in the RAM or ROM memories of the Virus. (That is very useful too, I must say)

SeleN: can you upload new sounds from the editor into the virus?

I sent an email to Mystery Islands Music with some more details about and hopefully they have a solution.

When editor establishes connection to hardware, you can simply double click librarian items to send them to the currently selected part. Multimode is mandatory in the hardware and software will attempt to change the mode when MIDI I/O is configured.

Yes, you can write patches to hardware from librarian menus.

Everything works without issues when guides are followed.

• anyone else on midi connection gets a „forced“ usb mode in the ti2

on mystery island version 9011 even if it’s NOT connected via usb ? had to go back to 9001.