Downgrading TI to OS 3.3.4 fixes MIDI timing!

• So ever since I've switched to using the Virus TI as a MIDI synth, I've been running into midi timing problems when I add more then 3 voices in unison, and my chords consist of more then 3 notes. This is especially the case when using hypersaws. This behavior is NOT present when using the synth in TI mode on TI-OS 5.1.7.

So what I've just discovered is that if you downgrade your Virus TI-OS to 3.3.4, the crappy midi problem is gone!

I can now play huge chords again with 2 hypersaws set to full density and the unison set to 7!!

Yes, at some point you will encounter voice stealing, but the actual timing of the notes will remain consistent! Now my Virus TI is finally usable again! (for big phat trance and hardstyle leads^^)

Just one minor problem: If you're using the VirusHC plugin, adjusting the unison on screen won't do anything. You will have to do it manually on your Virus. (EDIT --> Unison voices)

• Thank you very much for this post! Are they other limitations to handle with when going back to 3.3.4. ?

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• Thank you very much for this post! Are they other limitations to handle with when going back to 3.3.4. ?

No other limitations that I've come across besides the Unison amount being assigned to a different Midi CC number.

I think all updates after that focussed mainly on improving / bug-fixing the TI functionality.

• What’s new in OS5?
      • Envelopes 3 and 4 Filterbank Compatibility
    • What’s new in version 4.5.3?
      • Public Release Support Profiles
    • What’s new in version 4.5.1?
      • New storrage location for your own patches
    • What’s new in version 4.5?
      • Vintage Chorus
      • Hyper Chorus
      • Air Chorus
      • Rotary Speaker
      • Additional Modulation Sources
    • What’s new in version 4.0?
      • Arp To Matrix
      • Enhanced Arpeggiator Editor in Virus Control Vintage Distortions
      • Distortion Types
      • Speaker Cabinet
      • Vowel Filter
      • Comb Filter
    • What’s new in version 3.3?
      • New Distortion and Shapers
      • Frequency Shifter and Ring Modulator Ring Modulator
      • Frequency Shifter
      • Characters
      • Tape Delay
      • Side Chain Audio Troubleshooting Sync Error
    • What’s new in version 2.7
      • About Atomizer
      • Support for multiple devices
      • New output preference
      • About Virus Control Center Control Center’s Advanced Menu 26 ROM Banks
      • Part Priority
    • What’s new in version 2.5?
      • Live Mode Button
      • Additional Soft Knob Destinations
    • What’s new in version 2.0?
      • Complex Grain Table Oscillator
      • Simple Formant Table Oscillator
      • Complex Formant Table Oscillator
      • Wavetable PWM Oscillator
      • Enhanced Wavetable Synthesis
      • Section Locking
      • Inactive Parameters
      • Patch Complexity Indicator Search By Category
      • Two new ROM banks
    • What was new in previous versions?
      • Mac Intel support Direct monitoring VU style level meters Remote Mode
      • Additional Multi Patches Search by Name
      • Display of Original Value Adaptive Soft Limiter Algorithm

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but how do you downgrade to the older software?

Install that version of the Virus OS via the VCC application.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Install that version of the Virus OS via the VCC application.

Thanks. I don't use the computer for anything but audio recording, so I'm not terribly familiar with the software. I've downloaded it and installed it and I'm getting the "No Virus TI can be found." Message. I've followed the instructions, but no luck.

I've seen other users with this issue, but the variety of things they've tried to solve it is pretty huge. Are you at all familiar with how to overcome this issue?

I'm using a Late 2015 iMac running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

• I'm using a Late 2015 iMac running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Unfortunately no. I haven’t installed an OS since 5.1.7 was released and don’t remember the necessary steps.

skittb123 may be able to help you with the process.