Can’t save multi mode?

• Please let me know if there is something I can do to fix this.

I recently purchased a used virus TI and I am unable to save in multi mode. I followed the direction in the manual and press store, I can see the name of the multi mode has saved and it looks like it was successfully saved but then when I power down the Virus it hasn’t saved. I updated it twice it's running on 5.1.7. Am I missing something or is there an issue with the synth? I don't know if this is related but every time I connect it to my computer to use it with the Virus software it has to sync, and initialize it takes about 15 minutes. Thanks Y’all!

• Maybe the internal battery for the memory needs to be replaced.

Are other settings remembered correctly after a power cycle?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thanks for replying to my question. Yeah I think that has to be the problem. No, nothing is saving right now.

I have a old MC-909 synth, it must have a similar internal battery, right? Would you recommend replacing that to before it dies? I would lose everything.

• I‘d recommend to make a full backup using the Virus Control application. Before taking out the battery.

As for the change: I have never done this myself, so I can’t help. But you may find other threads maybe even with pictures about this issue.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• it s hard to change the battery ???

actually one of the simpler battery changes in gear...Speaking for the desktop version.

There are vids on YT

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416