Pitch Bend Wheel Problem - Virus TI2 Polar

• Hello, I currently have a problem with the pitch bend wheel of my Virus TI2 Polar.

It sends random values when I use it, and as soon as I release the wheel, it settles on a different value each time.

I have several diy synths under my belt and changing parts doesn't scare me. I already tried to clean the potentimeter with contact bomb but no succès :(

Could someone (or directly the access service) inform me about the type of pot to use (reference) and where to buy it?

Thanks !

• It's a "known problem". Most probably the pitch wheel must be replaced.

Your best option to contact Access Music Support via the contact form on their website.

You can also look for a local repair shop, but they will probably have to contact Access as well.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• My pitch bend wheel did the same a few years back. I went to the repairs section of the website & it seems there's only one dude who's authorised for repairs in the whole of Europe. So I had to post my TI to Germany. A few other things needed fixing too. He did fix the pitch bend wheel though! I've never seen a service manual or parts list for any Access products (you can find em for stuff like MPCs...very helpful), I get the feeling they're a closely guarded secret ;)

There's some pots for sale on eBay's but they're most likely for the knobs, dunno how likely it is that the pitch bend wheel would use the same pot...? Are you willing to gamble £6.50ish to find out...? (not me selling them btw! Someone in Spain)