Noise problem in the high frequencies

• Hello .

I have a problem with my Ti2 . Actualy speaking with virus support but no answer at the moment , first they answered me fast and now i am waiting answer for abotu a week .

My problem is extremly easy to explain , no need to import an audio file here , but if needed i can do it . I really need someone to try it and tell me if the same noises occurs .

I use the most basic preset , a simple sound init , only osc1 with a sine wave , no effects , no lfo , no filter enveloppe . High pass filter .

Then , while playing a long note , when i start to use the semitone knob , i have a very anoying noise on the high frequencies , you can not hear it when you pitch down ( of course , because of the high pass filter ) , but anytime you pitch up , the noises appear . Then , if i put a single lfo on the osc 1 , same problem , the noise appear when the wave go up , making the sound very dirty .

Its not only happening with sine wave , with other waves form as well , but its easier to listen with a single sine wave .

As well , when i turn the knob of the high pass filter cutoff , same problem but lighter .

Seems , any change on a long note applied on the high frequencies produce this note .

And im truly asking myself if its my virus ti2 having an issue , or if this problem is a factory problem and everybody have the same noise when doing this .

Its actualy a big problem for me , cause i want to make a very long high frequencies note on my track , and i cant have it clean .

I tried everything . Smooth on is not the problem . Factory reset is not the problem . I tried by usb , analog , virus control , same problem . My system is totaly clean , my nord lead with same config make me zero noise . I tried with midi usb , or direct midi cable , same result . I tried factory bank reset , no result . Punch dont do nothing . 44000hz or 48000 hz same issue .

My knobs are not the problem , they work perfectly fine and dont produce noise , im sure of this because the noise appear the same way when i use only virus control VST .

It mean , i can apply any lfo on a single sine wave , or use semitone transpose , or move filter cutoff , withotu producing noises . Thats totaly weird .

Same issue with all oscillators 1 , 2 or 3 . Same issue producing the long note with a long decay and release , or writiing a long note in the sequencer .

I tried with ableton 6 , 9 and 10 , same issue . I tried with emu soundcard , rme babyface soundcard , virus soundcard , or computer soundcard , same problem .

Even if i play the note , and then totaly disconnect the virus from all his cables , then the note keep playing inside the virus , i move the knobs and same problem .

Same problem with headphones output on the virus , analog outputs , or midi audio .

Its driving me crazy .............. HELP HELP HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a 1800 eur synth where i cant use a single lfo on a sine wave ? or transpose a note in real time , with no crack noise ????? thats weird , and not normal .

Sound init with 0 modulations or effects is the most simple patch ever , how is that possible ?

If you do the same config on operator synth on ableton , just put a sinewave , and move the transpose , you will listen the same kind of cracks and noise , i tried it on my system , and the syustem of a friend , looks like normal , but then , when you put an lfo on that same sinewave with operator , the wave go up and down smoothly with zero noise , its only the transpose making that noise .

I use a lot the semitone modulations , and now , i cant work . Not sure if that was happening before , i guess yes , but as i was using more complex patchs , i never listen to this noises . And now i just want a single sine wave pitched up , i cant do it ..........

Anyone can try it please ?

Thanks for your help guys .:love:

• Are you sure of that please ? because Access answered me they can reproduce the problem with their ti2 , tried it on various device , and same problem for them . So , are you realy sure , you have zero artifact and crack noises in sound when you use the semitone knob to transpose a single wave , or saw , any kind of wave ? and same problem of course with the lfo changing the pitch of the wave . This happen only on the high frequencies , not on the low frequencies , and even when i move my filter knob it make soem strange sounds . Same problem with usb audio , analog , headphones . I tried any setup in 6 months with many soundcards or sequencers , even different OS for my laptop , in different places in houses of my friends with their computer , and same problem everytime . Look like my virus have a problem , i cant imagine what answered me access is true , look the answer :

Dear Ben,

We can exclude a hardware problem on your unit here. The same happens here also on the TI2 devices we tested this with completely stand-alone with headphones. This is not something unique to your unit. This is the way the Virus' sound engine acts in this case.

With best regards,

Access Music Support

For a 1800 euros synth ?? it a total joke ............... IM A SO SO DISAPOINTED !

• here you can listen to that problem on soundcloud :

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.