Hello Access/Fellow members....My new TI2 Darkstar arrived yesterday, but I've got some questions...

• I've been lusting for a TI since 2005 in my early twenties. Finally I pulled the trigger and the new unit arrived yesterday. Very excited !

Virus software works without a hitch, updated to the latest OS, imported some new patch banks, and *so far* in Ableton Live 11 & Windows 10, it works perfectly, however I haven't used the plugin in depth yet, but a good sign nonetheless.

Perhaps some of you fellow users can answer these two questions, but I'm primarily aiming them at Access ... (not sure if this is the right sub section of the forum, if not, apologies)

1) My mod wheel seems to be installed slightly off angle. Not a big deal I guess, but the main thing I noticed is the amount of play it has if i wiggle it. It moves quite a bit. Is this normal? I mean even my cheap Korg Opsix and Wavestate's mod/pitch wheels are solid, with NO play whatsoever.... so this is slightly concerning. Anyone else's wheels on their virus have wiggle/play ?

2) I was told the unit was built to order by the supplier. However, upon arrival, the unit had the OS version from 2013 installed.(5.0.8.00) ...This seems rather odd. If the unit was built brand new, why not have the latest OS installed? I bought a Moog subsequent 37 this month as well, and it arrived with the latest. Perhaps Kemper just doesn't do this, but thought I'd ask...

Thanks in advance!

-=R

• 1) The play is normal. I always thought it was strange, but it is by design. As for the off angle... my Polar is a little closer to the left, but not off angle.

2) I doubt it was built to order, but no big deal. Install the latest OS and leave it at that.

Enjoy.

• Thought I'd respond with some updates:

1) Yes I received confirmation the play is normal and nothing to worry about. (Still..if a < $1000 synth has rock solid hard plastic wheels, why not the virus??)
    2) Confirmed my unit was built in May of this year, and the reason why the firmware version was lower was because of the chips that are used in the unit come with whatever firmware they were built with.

Again, super pleased that the synth is performing perfectly with the TI plugin and Ableton! Thanks Access on a great synth.