Access Virus TI2 + MacOS Monterey

• Access/Kemper posted that they are looking for a DSP developer again. This company has become a bad joke at this point......

Most likely to update their Kemper profiling amps. There's a lot of better sounding digital amps on the market (like the AxeFX) and cheaper options so they probably need new devs to keep up with the competition. If they were looking to update the Access Virus software, they would let us know.

• Yeahh I'm angry too. This looks very bad. Access is some kind of joke right now. I can't understand that. Company so big and with that big reputation making that kind of bullshit. I'm starting to be angry and regreat that I bought it. Very sad because I really like this equipment. Shame on You Kemper.<X

• I have a solution. Get a second Mac, install Mac OS Mojave. Connect Virus with USB only to this second computer and install the Plugin as usual. Install Logic Pro and make 1 software track with Virus Plugin. Choose main output as AUDIO. On this secondary Mac don't choose Virus as a main Audio interface (select Mac' default in and out), disable in logic all sync options to Virus Ti, select same SampleRate as on the primary Mac. Now, on your primary Mac use MIDI track to send midi notes to Virus as via simple MIDI cable (DIN) and get back Into audio interface MAIN AUDIO OUTs of your Virus.

So, the idea is that with primary computer you use midi and audio of your Virus and on secondary computer you use only Plugin Sound Editing and presets management. Just make sure Secondary computer does not try to send to Virus any kind of sync signals via USB. I have tested and all works fine. See photo.

• I have a solution. Get a second Mac, install Mac OS Mojave. Connect Virus with USB only to this second computer and install the Plugin as usual. Install Logic Pro and make 1 software track with Virus Plugin. Choose main output as AUDIO. On this secondary Mac don't choose Virus as a main Audio interface (select Mac' default in and out), disable in logic all sync options to Virus Ti, select same SampleRate as on the primary Mac. Now, on your primary Mac use MIDI track to send midi notes to Virus as via simple MIDI cable (DIN) and get back Into audio interface MAIN AUDIO OUTs of your Virus.

So, the idea is that with primary computer you use midi and audio of your Virus and on secondary computer you use only Plugin Sound Editing and presets management. Just make sure Secondary computer does not try to send to Virus any kind of sync signals via USB. I have tested and all works fine. See photo.

I can confirm this works but it’s too much tinkering for a fast and solid workflow. You'd still need some sort of a preset manager to load the settings of your Virus, otherwise it’s just too much hassle opening different projects.

• Is installing Windows O/S as a secondary boot option on your mac out of the question ? I wonder if that would work for the mac users...

You wouldn’t be able to load it as a VST within your DAW on MacOS. Might as well completely switch to PC then, but for some that’s out of the question.

Thankfully there’s a solution: Virus HE by Mystery-Islands / Auraplugins. I’ve been using it for close to 2,5 years now. No looking back.

• Hey Guys at Access, I can imagine that bringing a new driver up is a big technically challenge, and you need a suitable developer for that. I assume that the person who developed the origin driver isn't at your company anymore, otherwise this wouldn't be such a hot topic.

What about making the sources for that open source? Maybe the access community can find someone, who gives it a shot.

Think about it. We love our virus TI, and we are so many people with new devices, running BigSur or higher. I kept also my Mojave system btw, but really wanna update to something more modern.

Please think about the idea...

yeah, i had a similar solution posted here

Virus TI not compatible with MacOS Catalina / Big Sur

with connecting two mac's and midi over network together with audiogridder. this way i could load the GUI on my primary mac.

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SeleN ()

• and your best bet is to use as a stand alone hardware synth or get the Aura Mystery Islands software that works on new Mac OS X versions. That’s what I did and much happier. Even when I got the TI software working on Mac OS El Capitan, it was still slow.

• Amazing that after 3 different OS operating systems and they have still never even bothered to create anything to allow the machine to work with a mac.

They should be stating on their website that it is not compatible with mac. But they are clearly just scammers in it for the money!

Worst company ever!

• to be fair, Waldorf at one point dropped the ball on their synths that had encoder issues. It was not until they went bankrupt and bought out by another company that gave them the funding for new hardware. I think Virus platform is dead as we won’t see another one for years if ever which is sad. Access Kemper does not even post or reply on this forum anymore. They have not updated the website banner page in years.

• The interesting part is that Thomann lists the Virus TI Desktop at rank 6 in the sales chart, meaning it sells way more often than most of its competitors (e.g. Waldorf Kyra). Which could indicate its still a source of considerable income to Access Music / Kemper.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+