Access Virus TI2 + MacOS Monterey

• It is still considered the most over-engineered synths of all time.

Yet, it’s still the most capable synth of all time.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Sacguy71 it’s true the Iridium and Quantum are incredible synths with a great touchscreen UI, but they still don’t have the level of polyphony or the multitimbral power of the Virus. That’s not to mention the 6 assignable outputs we’ve got on our TI’s and TI2’s.

Even so, it’s time for a new MacOS driver.

• Sacguy71 it’s true the Iridium and Quantum are incredible synths with a great touchscreen UI, but they still don’t have the level of polyphony or the multitimbral power of the Virus. That’s not to mention the 6 assignable outputs we’ve got on our TI’s and TI2’s.

Even so, it’s time for a new MacOS driver.

ah good to know! Considering that my new virus ti2 cost 2k plus less than these Waldorf synths, I’m glad to have the multi-timbral polyphony. Yeah we need new macos driver support no doubt! I wish Kemper would show us virus owners and users some love here.

• ah good to know! Considering that my new virus ti2 cost 2k plus less than these Waldorf synths, I’m glad to have the multi-timbral polyphony. Yeah we need new macos driver support no doubt! I wish Kemper would show us virus owners and users some love here.

The comparable Waldorf would be the Kyra, which actually costs less than the Virus TI2 Desktop. But although it has true 128 voice polyphony and some really nice features, it only has 8 multi-timbral parts and lacks a couple of other features like wavetable oscillators (really!), unison modes and the multitude of distortion and waveshaping types.

However, it would be hilarious to have a TI3 based on the same high performance FPGA technology.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Big Jimmy its not Aura Plug-ins’ fault that Access isn’t updating their drivers.

That said, $70 to make your $2,000 prize synth seems worth it to me. I bought their package.

Supporting Aura’s efforts benefits the Virus community by extending the useful life of this expensive piece of gear.

Just saying…

• That said Kemper should just declare Virus dead and not manufacture anymore hardware then. Why are places still selling new Virus hardware? I think that Access Kemper has actually ceased production of new hardware synths because my new Virus TI2 that I bought late last year had a 2022 mid year production date and may be end of stock perhaps?

• Sacguy71 do you like your Virus TI2?

I hadn’t played mine for a while, until I turned it on a couple days ago. I played a Bach Prelude (Prelude in C minor, BWV 847) through a bunch of presets.

It sounded absolutely divine.

In other words, I love my Virus synth!!! I don’t care if they discontinue it. I’m not thrilled Virus Control doesn’t work on new Mac OS’s, but Aura’s plug-in does the job quite well.

Nothing is perfect, but the Virus is one of the most amazing synths ever made.

• It will only be produced as long as Access‘ stock of Motorola 56k DSPs lasts. When these are used, no more Virus TI synths can be produced.

• Does anyone know if all of my saved sounds / patches from my Virus T>I desktop will load through the :

Access Virus Editor and Librarian plugin from Aura?

Please help, thanks in advance

• Heard some interesting news from the DSP Emulator group. Ploytec has made a U-turn and is developing a USB audio driver for the latest version of MacOS which I'm going to assume will cover Apple Silicon(M1/M2) compatibility.

Maybe this means an update TI plugin will finally be done.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von djantimatter ()

• Heard some interesting news from the DSP Emulator group. Ploytec has made a U-turn and is developing a USB audio driver for the latest version of MacOS which I'm going to assume will cover Apple Silicon(M1/M2) compatibility.

Maybe this means an update TI plugin will finally be done.

Which would be very welcome as one part of a future solution.

However, the Motorola/Freescale DSPs used in the TIs are out of production for several years now, and available stock is running out. Perhaps slower than expected by Access Music — and therefore support for currently still available products must be sustained beyond planned EOL.

An updated, more powerful, fully backward compatible TI3 based on current technology and FPGA processors would be a proper platform to carry us over the next 20-30 years or beyond.

• Which would be very welcome as one part of a future solution.

However, the Motorola/Freescale DSPs used in the TIs are out of production for several years now, and available stock is running out. Perhaps slower than expected by Access Music — and therefore support for currently still available products must be sustained beyond planned EOL.

An updated, more powerful, fully backward compatible TI3 based on current technology and FPGA processors would be a proper platform to carry us over the next 20-30 years or beyond.

Which is why I firmly believe a class compatible USB over MIDI driver is essential for this. I advocated for it in the past and I will advocate for it in the future.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,