Virus TI2 MIDI cable input while using USB

• Is there an option to be able to run the MIDI interface for input from my controller while it is plugged into USB?

I'm finding there seem to be some communication hiccups between Ableton and the Virus when running through USB. I had even purchased and installed a new USB 3.0 PCIe board for some extra dedicated ports. While I have a set of notes I recorded into Ableton which seems to have hit or miss results when playing back through an arp on one of my patches, I notice that when I'm playing from my controller, from time to time, there may be a slight delay or a note I play will be stuck on and I have to play that note again to stop the sound. I don't have these issues when using my controller in direct MIDI mode, but unfortunately, I have to unplug the USB on the Virus in order to use the MIDI cable input.

My controller is a Novation 49SL MkIII and I'm running Ableton Live Suite 11.1. I'm running the most up-to-date firmware and drivers I can get. Although I'd love to figure out these MIDI over USB hiccups, I figure being able to use the MIDI input without having to unplug USB would be quite dandy as well.

• I don’t think such an option exists. As soon as the Virus TI detects a USB host, it switches into USB mode (as indicated on the display) and starts to act as an audio and MIDI interface for the host.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• That's too bad. My Peak will allow both USB and MIDI inputs simultaneously. I can tell the USB delay since if I set Ableton to use my SL MkIII as a MIDI output on the same channel that the SL MIDI channel is set to for that synth, I'll hear the note hit twice in very quick succession, but at least it gives me the option to run one or the other depending on workflow.