So, when can we expect OS4 to hit?

• I'm ridiculously excited for OS4. I've stopped using my virus as much as I'd like to lately because I'm able to get certain sounds a lot faster using NI Massive and a few other vst plugs, .

the exact reverse is true for me. i find the quality of the Ti many light years ahead, and can find sounds much quicker than with massive... massive takes too long to find a usable sound, especially for the type of music i am making - industrial metal. virus to massive is like a lamborghini compared to a honda... in my opinion, and i think this is still true for all genres because the virus pads just sound whey better and warmer.

• the exact reverse is true for me. i find the quality of the Ti many light years ahead, and can find sounds much quicker than with massive... massive takes too long to find a usable sound, especially for the type of music i am making - industrial metal. virus to massive is like a lamborghini compared to a honda... in my opinion, and i think this is still true for all genres because the virus pads just sound whey better and warmer.

I make sounds, I don't find them :)

• I am actually surprised it hasn't been released yet, it has been about 2 weeks and they stated it seemed to be doing very well with no major bugs present. Either stuff did creep up after all in testing, or they are adding in some last minute things. Either way I constantly hammer the homepage in hopes of an updated message without the word 'shorty' in it.

• I am actually surprised it hasn't been released yet, it has been about 2 weeks and they stated it seemed to be doing very well with no major bugs present.

They stated it should be out in Q1 2010, so it can be up to 2 months from today.

Zitat

Either stuff did creep up after all in testing, or they are adding in some last minute things.

I don't think so. As a software developer, l know that the distance between "seemed to be doing very well with no major bugs present" and official release can easily be a couple of months. Do you want them to rush it out without proper testing? I certainly don't ;)

Zitat

Either way I constantly hammer the homepage in hopes of an updated message without the word 'shorty' in it.

While I share your (and everybody else's) excitement about the upcoming OS, time will pass faster if you don't live in constant anticipation. Pretend to know nothing about OS4, and when it arrives, it will be a pleasant surprise!

easier said than done, I know :)

• I've wanted to quote Bens estimate from NAMM but the shit storm it would create is unimaginable. ;)
    I should think within weeks, maybe even days.

• You keeping it a secret is going to do just the same!

Do you have info because you were there, or was it quoted in a video/interview that perhaps we missed?

Either way, spill the beans, I would rather know than not.

• OS2 was the big upgrade with the additional oscillators. Everything else is nice, but doesn't change the character of the TI as much IMO. These newer updates perhaps aren't worthy of a 3.0 and 4.0 release number. Most of them had to do with computer compatibility, and not much with the synth itself (if you just are running midi cables to it). So in that case I would consider them support updates. And its sad that so much of the forum is about computer problems, because the TI is a lot of hands-on fun with midi. I mean you bought hardware, why not use it as hardware? Yes, I got of topic there because OS4 has some new synth features. I just see people obsessing over version numbers instead of turning the knobs :)

OS4 will be great, but I remember the real excitement with OS 2...

Regards,
    B

• I'm desagree with you: I use VC but I still use only hardware
    with the power off the VC in the sametime: 0 latency is great! and no A/D converters is good too but it is possible to continu using TI as if VC is off
    now I use the TI as the main audio interface with asio, is better again an more rapid with cubase 4 (rapier than cubase 5 on my system)
    Finaly, it's very powerful! I plug my monitors/headphone directly on the virus
    wow!!

thanks access!
    no limits!
    :D

• You keeping it a secret is going to do just the same!

Do you have info because you were there, or was it quoted in a video/interview that perhaps we missed?

Either way, spill the beans, I would rather know than not.

It was in a NAMM video on youtube, and I already quoted it in my last post but it's a secret! :p

• It was in a NAMM video on youtube, and I already quoted it in my last post but it's a secret! :p

Ok, I checked the video, and though he said he couldn't give an exact date he said it was pretty much complete and should be released in weeks, if not days. I guess we will just have to patiently wait a little more.

• I should like to add at this juncture that any given time-frame can be measured in weeks and/or days - I could even have said "minutes" and, technically speaking, I would still have been correct ;)

• OS2 was the big upgrade with the additional oscillators. Everything else is nice, but doesn't change the character of the TI as much IMO. These newer updates perhaps aren't worthy of a 3.0 and 4.0 release number. Most of them had to do with computer compatibility, and not much with the synth itself

I totally disagree. The new oscillator modes were exciting, and great, but the fact that you view them as the most profound change just has to do with your personal style, I think. For me, the tape delays and new distortions had more of an impact. And I think "arp to matrix" is going to change more of what I do than any previous feature. So I would say that's a matter of taste, and calling 3 and 4 "not worthy of a release number" is ridiculous.

As to all the question of "when" ... those of us who were waiting for the original TI launch learned our lesson in patience. :) Remember that?

• I have to say the new distortion models were one of the most profound updates for me - they made a lot of sounds possible that were previously not. I only hope that the new distortion models to the same, and guessing by the speculation of what they may be... I should be in for a treat

• Access are doubtless running a classic teaser here, skilfully allowing punter impatience to build to a market-swelling crescendo before finally satisfying the infekted. What we should do is act like we just don't care, put dustsheets over our viruses and maybe take up the ukulele or learn sanskrit instead - then they will soon cough up v4! :)