Future Proofing the Virus TI

• Since Kemper haven't opened their mouths in almost 4 years now, I have a feeling that we will get one more update before the TI goes full EOL.

So this is my formal feature request for any pending update:

1. Make the TI MIDI over USB class complaint. A necessity going forward.

2. Lose the USB Audio portion. Let's face it, with Ploytec out of the game I don't think this feature will be supported moving forward.

3. Overhaul the VST GUI for modern displays.

4. Create a new librarian for loading banks and Sysex files.

Essentially, no new features. Just get it fully functional so we can use our synths again.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Just an idea...

How about a dedicated hardware add-on to control the Virus? This could be a new revenue opportunity for Access, not only for the device itself with sales to all the existing Virus users who want to breathe more life into their hardware, but would encourage new sales of the Virus TI2, since there would be no need for new buyers to be afraid of end-of-life scenarios. No more trying to keep up with Apples change-for-the-sake-of-change OS and chip changes, or care about Windows compatibility.

Concept:

• A touchscreen tablet device with custom OS so that Access doesn't have to try to keep up with OS updates from outside vendors (lower cost of maintenance). 4-6 knobs very much appreciated, especially for those who have the Virus in a rack
    • Virus USB plugs into device - device is class compliant
    • Can be plugged into PC/Mac for DAW control over the device (replacing plugin functionality), but also works well in DAWless setups
    • Audio over USB is disabled when using device
    • Device acts as a "remote control" to the virus with the benefits of a much larger display.
    • Has all features of Virus Control plus more patch creation features like morphing/genetics etc
  • I agree with this. Just bought a new TI Polar. Actually there are almost no improvements possible that I can think of. This synth will still be very useful in 2122. But making the TI software working again and the requests of DJ antimatter here above are very legitimate requests. It should not take that much effort from Access to take care of this