SOLVED: 5.1.1.7 compatible with Windows 11?

• Hi folks,

Just tried 5.1.1.7 64-bit on a new Windows 11 PC and it didn't work, at first, but then I tried a different USB port (a rear port, probably a main Hub) and it started working, so all good!

Regards,

Justin

• i just moved to windows, and my virus TI dont reconize! It shows, no virus detected, i try to do all the steps (arp edit, exit), change the usb port, removed all cables, but nothing happens! he turns on, but wont reconize! someone can help me, please?

• EvilGus is the version you are referring to really 5.1.1.7? I think the most current version is "5.1.7.00".

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Software version: Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 64-bit.msi + latest windows 11 as of date of this post.

Once i got the usb connection working it took me two tries to install the software, the first try I saw my first windows 11 blue screen of death. Second try everything worked fine.

I can confirm the same on windows 11 - it only worked on a specific usb port on my motherboard, took me ages of experimenting to realize this was the problem - as I assumed that all of the ports on the back are equal.

e.g:

USB hub would not work.

USB port at the bottom of back of computer would not work.

USB port at the top of back of computer would work.

Front USB -2- would not work.

Front USB -3- would work.

This is a relatively new system, 12th gen intel CPU, z690 chipset.

• I’m staying on Windows 10. Hated Windows 11 anyways. I’ll try the Aura MI software this weekend on my M1 MacBook with Ventura to see if I can get that going so that I can record my Virus in Logic Pro 10.7 as I need the new Dolby Atmos features in the current version of Logic.