Virus TI Keyboard - No sound

• Hi, I found a Virus TI1 Keyboard , got it for cheap since we weren't able to get any sounds via the headphone or analog outputs(tried all 3).

I have done a factory reset and went to other forums and the most common comment is replace the battery and make sure Local is turned on.

I have replaced the battery and am not having luck finding the Keyboard 1/5 in Edit Config shown here >pasted-from-clipboard.png

I don't have the 1/5 option when going through my config options . Am i missing something simple? I have 0 experience with this keyboard.

Thanks

• What have you got? Does it just jump straight to 'Keyboard 2/5?' after the page 'MIDI Control'

If this is the case & page 'Keyboard 1/5' is missing, maybe the OS hasn't installed correctly?

You could try re-installing the OS.

There must be slightly different versions of the OS because none of the 'Keyboard 1/5' to 'Keyboard 5/5' (inclusive) pages are supposed to appear on the desktop version (as it has no keyboard). It's vaguely possible yours 'thinks' it's a desktop version...?

Alternatively maybe the motherboard is fukt, I think Access sell replacements for a few hundred Euroes...

• Do you get sound if you send MDI notes to the synth?
    • Does the Keyboard output MIDI notes?
    • Do the MOD and PITCH wheels work and output MIDI events?
    • Do any of the controls of the synth work to change parameters?
    • Is the Virus connected via USB?

Probably the Virus could "think" it is a Desktop version because the Keyboard control section is disconnected. While you changed the battery, did you check all the connectors are properly seated, and no cables were loose?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+