USB data flow monitoring?

• Hi fellow virus users. Does anyone have a clue how to monitor Virus TI USB data stream properly? Like proper bit data / debugger?

I want to know the data flow going out from the virus control software to ti and vice versa.

There are some settings in the global pages of VC which I need to implement in our editor. I am asking here since Marc has not replied to my email enquiry.

I am running M1 MacBook Pro and Virus TI works fine, but I want to have 6 USB audio streams from my TI rather than 4.

Any help appreciated! :*

• You should be able to capture the packets via WireShark. Been a while since I've done this myself/

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I have a ti2 kb coming tomorrow, I’ll take a look and see where I can get with it

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Superb!

Can you give me more information specifically about what settings you are looking for and what scenarios you would like capture data for?

I am about to successfully capture packets from USB (see screenshot).

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I don't yet have your editor, so I won't be able to test functionality there - but can test the TI plugin communication.

Getting packet data is trivial. Interpreting it is going to be the challenge, but I assume you have made some headway there.

Also, this is on Windows 11. I also have an M1-based MacBook Pro that I could try capture on.

Feel free to DM me in the event you want this "offline".

• I am running M1 MacBook Pro and Virus TI works fine, but I want to have 6 USB audio streams from my TI rather than 4.

In the Virus Control plugin, there is a setting on the Utility / Config page where you can change the Input/Output configuration for USB to:

• 2 Outs / No Input
    • 3 Outs / No Input
    • 3 Outs / 1 Input

Maybe this configurability is somehow related to your problem. Without the custom audio driver, the Virus might default to the "2 Outs / No Input" mode.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-21 um 11.20.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-21 um 11.20.21.png

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Man, this sounds so exciting. I've got a new 16" M1 MBP on the way and I've had anxiety on how this will impact my workflow as I am still using High Sierra on a 2010 Mac Pro so haven't had to worry about the lack of support Access has shown in the last few years.

What's the best way to transfer projects from relying on the Native Access TI plugin to the Mystery Islands plugin? I can imagine trying to run both at the same time would cause all sorts of chaos?

• Amazing work guys! I just gave it try and it all appears to be working pretty well, other than some timing instabilities. This is a secondary MacBook Pro M1 Pro on Monterey, with no audio interface, so it may just be this system. I still mostly use a Mojave Mac mini that is rock solid with the official plugin, and hope to move on from that someday.

Can you please explain why the USB outputs are not in the right order? Like... USB 1/2 is really USB 3/4, etc... Once everything is labelled and setup right, it's not a big deal. Just curious.

• Amazing work guys! I just gave it try and it all appears to be working pretty well, other than some timing instabilities. This is a secondary MacBook Pro M1 Pro on Monterey, with no audio interface, so it may just be this system. I still mostly use a Mojave Mac mini that is rock solid with the official plugin, and hope to move on from that someday.

Can you please explain why the USB outputs are not in the right order? Like... USB 1/2 is really USB 3/4, etc... Once everything is labelled and setup right, it's not a big deal. Just curious.

Thanks. I have no idea why the data stream is arranged the way it is. :/ We can not change the timing nor the usb data stream "stability" in any way.

I find it the best to run the Virus TI with USB connection and use the audio connections too. I have 6 + 6 outputs from my TI (3 pairs to USB and 3 pairs to Apollo interface).