Creating those Bass organ sounds used in House music.

• Its those bass organ “Donks” used in house music is what I’m after. I was able to get close, but if anyone has any pointer's on which wave forms to use that would be awesome. Thank you.

• I would start with a triangle wave on Osc 1 and a square on Osc 2 tuned 7 semitones higher. Turn the resonance up a bit so you get some boost without self-oscillating and play with the filter cutoff. Set all your envelope parameters to zero apart from a short decay on the filter and a slightly longer one on the amp.

If your model has envelope 3, set that to a short attack and decay and use it to modulate Osc Noise Vol - that will add a little bit of grit to the start of the sound.

How does that compare with what you've got so far?

• I would start with a triangle wave on Osc 1 and a square on Osc 2 tuned 7 semitones higher. Turn the resonance up a bit so you get some boost without self-oscillating and play with the filter cutoff. Set all your envelope parameters to zero apart from a short decay on the filter and a slightly longer one on the amp.

If your model has envelope 3, set that to a short attack and decay and use it to modulate Osc Noise Vol - that will add a little bit of grit to the start of the sound.

How does that compare with what you've got so far?

thank you, I will give it a try this evening.

• No prob. The second post was to supplement the first one, but I edited the first one instead. I couldn't see how to delete the second one, so I edited it to say "ignore" :S

ahhh gotchya.. and again thank you for the advice, it got me where I wanted to go :) much appreciated. Btw this synth is simply amazing. I wish I had bought it sooner. Would have saved me a lot of headaches. Lol