Is anyone from Access ever going to chime in on the MaxOS issue??

• No..

Seriously...it's a no.

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Marc Schlaile still works for Access Music but he stopped posting here in 2019: https://www.virus.info/forum/i…hp?user-post-list/6-marc/

Their Facebook and Twitter profiles are abandoned in virtually the same way. That is a very bad look for Access, sad to say. I wish it were different but it's obvious that the management decided to avoid their customers instead of being open and transparent. In that sense we can be grateful that they keep this forum up.

• Jep. Sad. And the main reason why I am holding back on ordering a new Virus TI2 keyboard since 2019.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Marc Schlaile still works for Access Music but he stopped posting here in 2019: https://www.virus.info/forum/i…hp?user-post-list/6-marc/

Their Facebook and Twitter profiles are abandoned in virtually the same way. That is a very bad look for Access, sad to say. I wish it were different but it's obvious that the management decided to avoid their customers instead of being open and transparent. In that sense we can be grateful that they keep this forum up.

His last post is interesting... "we are waiting for the company who wrote the driver we use."

The company who wrote the driver actually released a CoreAudio version of the driver:

https://www.usb-audio.com/download/

It looks like they were actually interested in updating the Virus back in 2019, but for some reason they couldn't update it.

• Wow.. this is awful! haven't been up on the forum in many years. Reading all these posts as I set up my new M1 MBP 14" I did not expect Virus to just abandon thousands of users. Shocking, annoying and seriously unprofessional. Thanks to all folks posting, it's been informative and good to share your voices in this lameness! Have been using my Ti heavily since inception. Boo!

Virus Ti 2005 OG version, MBP 14" M1, MacOS 12.4 Monterey, Fireface 800 (yes it still works), Ableton 11, ProTools, NI Komplete 13, S49, Akai MPK 49, misc pads, control surfaces and plenty of other annoying gadgets and noise machines. also a live ocelot. <3;)

• Fortunately, the hardware is quite reliable, and the TI software has been almost completely replaced by Aura Plugs.

Sorry, but this is simply not true. The Virus Control Plugin is not fully replaced (the functionality is not reliable for quite a few users and the GUI of the Aura Plugins is less than desirable), and a replacement for the Virus Control application is completely missing.

Access Music must do something about this situation since the Virus TI 2 is still on the market and not a legacy product.

However, I'm not a new customer and I'm not living in a country which would support taking legal action against this kind of fraudulent behaviour (against a company in a different country).

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I wrote to the driver developer company with the following:

Zitat

"When will Access Virus TI get Mac OS Catalina, Mac OS 11+ and Apple Silicon support?

The developers at Access Music seemingly vanished from the web in late 2019, after stating that they’re waiting for your company to update the USB drivers for Mac OS Catalina and beyond. So, what’s up with that?"

Someone there replied to my inquiry with:

Zitat

"Well, they got the Catalina update shortly after… ;-)"

I asked:

Zitat

"why haven't Access released it to users?"

and he replied:

Zitat

"The driver is only a small part of the TI software."

🤷🏽‍♂️

• Hello to intervene on the plugin will have hc virus it is not stable to just launch the plugin will have with the ti2 virus it must be repeated at least twenty times is this same with all the latest updates of October 2022 it is abuse

• If the Ploytec driver is up to date, Access probably doesn't have the resource to update their own software. They should ask their user base for help. I'm sure most of us would be happy to contribute financially to get an update.

• Exactly if there are 64-bit versions at Windows, why not Apple with Intel Architectures and Apple silicone chips, other manufacturers need instrument update monitoring, I cite as an example Elektron who insist a lot and listen to their customers

• doubtful as support appears to have been abandoned by them for new OS versions. I personally believe that they are just keeping the bare minimum working for hardware as no future virus synthesizers are planned and the website still shows the same crappy lady pop artist singer from 10 years ago. Virus website has not even been updated and they do not even update social media. Waldorf in contrast is moving ahead with new hardware and software updates. Same for Sequential, Moog, and Oberheim. I love my Virus but my next digital synth will be a Waldorf or Nord as they keep current.