Latest patches and OS update for Virus Indigo 1 (grey color, has a small keyboard)

• Hi,

this question may sound trite by now, but I cannot find an exact match on the forum.

I have recently started using my old Virus Indigo 1 (grey color, has a small keyboard) back again, after changing the battery since I hadn't touched it for years.

The OS version appearing on screen is 4.9.

I only have banks A-B (r/w) and C-D (ro) plus the multi.

I recall having downloaded patches, bank expansions and OS upgrades many computers ago, but I don't have those files stored anywhere anymore.

I tried looking at the downloads page, but am getting a little confused.

The only suitable OS update seems similar to for virus-B and displays a latest version similar to mine (it says 4.90 build 50) so I'll assume the bank expansions are not installed with this, as I only have A-D.

Can anybody give me a cheat sheet to have the Virus Indigo 1 at its latest capacity, maybe the relevant links in the downloads section?

Even if my Virus Indigo turns out to be at its latest in terms of updates, expansions, etc. I would still appreciate having this information at hand somewhere.

Thanks in advance

• The Virus B OS 4.9 download says it's compatible with Virus B, kb and Indigo so I would say you have the latest version.

Thanks for your answer. That was my understanding too, but somehow I don't have the extra banks.

I'm not sure whether they come with that OS update and somehow changing the battery reverted to only A-D, or maybe the patch activating banks E-F is in another archive somewhere?

Or maybe I just imagined that it was possible to expand the banks to E-F and that's in fact only possible with Virus C onward?

• Thanks for your answer. That was my understanding too, but somehow I don't have the extra banks.

I'm not sure whether they come with that OS update and somehow changing the battery reverted to only A-D, or maybe the patch activating banks E-F is in another archive somewhere?

Or maybe I just imagined that it was possible to expand the banks to E-F and that's in fact only possible with Virus C onward?

Not sure tbh. I had a quick look at the manual and it seems you should be able to copy from A or B to C-H. Maybe you have to do that before you can select patches from those banks? I'm guessing a bit so please ignore me if this isn't helping.

• Happy to announce I was finally able to expand the banks.

This implied loading the latest OS update for Virus B/Indigo 1, but also deviating from the update manual, which only tells you to install the "first" file.

The bank expansion is in the second one.

Simple as that.

My suspicion is that indeed, upon changing the battery, the OS version stayed up-to-date, but not so the memory holding the sound banks.