Virus Snow custom user patches

• Hello, I have a Virus Snow and currently bought a new computer. When I connected the virus to the new computer I ran the update through the virus control center. I notice now that my user patches that I created are no longer there. I have a .midi file on my old computer for those patches where the modified date coincides with the last patch I created. I am wondering how to get my patches back onto my virus. Thanks

• Not sure about the Snow specifically but for the Virus A you just play the midi file back to it. There's a global parameter which sets where the sounds are saved (original bank, Bank A, Bank B, or load one sound at a time). I would imagine it's similar for the Snow.

• Additionally for the TI line and the Snow, the Virus Control plugin can be used to edit patches and organize sound banks, including the RAM banks A-D. The VC should be able to browse your bank MIDI file, which then allows you to drag and drop the desired patches from that bank to a RAM bank.

AFAIK, Virus Control Center (which you used to upgrade your Snow) can also be used the load whole patch banks into bank destination, even onto the ROM banks.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()