Ideal setting for Virus Ti Desktop in host sequencer Studio One 5 (via Control Editor)

• Hello to all and love greetings to the whole forum....

I'm a newbie here, I've had Virus Ti Desktop in my private recording studio for a few weeks, but I can't control the volume of individual tracks in mixdown separately

Some info:

Virus TI Desktop, use almost only the control editor.

Config: USB Audio Mode: 3 Outs / No Input - OUTPUT Main Out USB1 L+R.

Host sequencer Presonus Studio One 5 (v.5.5.2.86528)

Audio Interface Presonus Studio 24C (alternatively - Native Instruments_ Komplete Audio 6)

In the Part Control List window, the volume can be controlled separately for each track with the horizontal faders without any problems. (see screenshot 1) So far OK. But the whole thing is only possible with the computer mouse, for a clean master mix this is impossible and impracticable.

When mixing in the DAW, however, the volume of the midi tracks 2+3+4 cannot be controlled at all, there are no LED signals here, there is no reaction to any fader changes. The 4 stereo tracks that were created are not available separately in the mixer. All 4 sends tracks are simultaneously routed to only one track, namely send track 1... of course ultimately to the main out L+R.

Alternative possibility: Render all instrument tracks to Audio Wave Files, but Virus Control reports WARNING: "Offline rendering or freezing to disk of Virus TI tracks is not supported. Hint: Please use the realtime rendering functionality provided by your host to avoid nois and crackle".

Realtime rendering? Oh dear, I think you can do that via "Export stems and realtime processing hey.... even works! But it's all so cumbersome, almost like going back to the stone age, to this I wouldn't need Total Integration like Access has set up in the Virus TI.

I just wish that in my Studio One during the mixdown with my long-awaited Virus TI the volume of each individual track...(or at least of 3 or 4 tracks)....are displayed and I can then control them separately with the faders comfortably.... I could even use my Faderport 8, as in any other project.

I think that something like this is possible, but probably make some fatal mistakes in the setup, unfortunately, I get alone with the routing setup in my Studio One DAW and with reading in manuals or tutorials, what the Virus TI with Control Editor concerns, just no further myself.

Therefore, I ask here as a novice the forum for help as something can be realized: An ideal setting for Mixdown!

Thanks

and greetings

Klaus

Sorry for my miserable english

• Hi,

I suggest to use the TI connected via midi with the analog outs instead usb. Less troubles.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

With the Komplete Audio 6 you can use the 4 inputs as 2 stereo so you'll get 2 separate tracks in Studio One. With an external mixer or an more inputs soundcard you can use all the 6 out of the TI.

Check latency in SO5

Often I use SampleOne (very cool stuff) to record bass sounds or even lead sounds from TI and use them after as midi tracks, so I can load another sound in multi mode