Virus A - Flat Sound and Distortion (all outputs)

• Hi everyone,

my Virus A has been really reliable except some Midi Feedback Issues (during a Feedback Loop Experiment).

Since a few days my Virus only delivers a limited/distorted sound which sounds not as thick as before. In the beginning it sounded like a really short sound even on patches with a wide open envelope.

Today I exchanged the CR 2032 battery and reinstalled the OS (2.5.2) via Midi Dump. Now it got better but still sounds a bit flat.

I totally rely on the device and I love it's sound.

I'll let my technician/pal check for the outputs, transistors or any other visible marks in the next days..

Did anybody experience the same issues with a Virus A or B?

Thanks a lot! (I am fluent in english an german, so don't hesitate to answer in both languages)

Best regards

Hannes :)

• Hi Hannes, can you upload an example recording or maybe a video that shows what you mean regarding the envelope?

Also, has the brown filter capacitor for the switched 5V power supply been changed yet? It's known to break and while the usual symptom is that the Virus no longer boots, it may have other side effects in the early stages of failing.