VIRUS TI2 Desktop und Cubase 12 - wieviele Spuren gleichzeitig? How many tracks simultaneously?

• Hallo, ich bin neu hier und überlege mir, den TI2 Desktop zu kaufen. Ich verwende vor allem Cubase 12 Pro und würde den TI2 als weiteres "Plugin" integrieren wollen, wieiviel Spuren kann ich gleichzeitig mit dem TI2 laufen lassen? Oder geht alles in einem Rack mit bis zu 16 Spuren gesteuert über Midichannels - oder beides? Danke im Voraus für eine kurze Antwort (habe die Suche bemüht aber konkret noch nichts gefunden).

Viele Grüsse Peter

Hi, I'm new user and thinking of buying the TI2 Desktop. I mainly use Cubase 12 Pro and would like to integrate the TI2 as another "plugin", how many tracks can I run simultaneously with the TI2? Or is everything in a rack with up to 16 tracks controlled via midi channels - or both? Thanks in advance for a short reply (I tried the search function but couldn't find anything specific yet).

Regards Peter

• You can use up to 3 stereo outs (3 outs/1 in) via USB

But
    You can have 16 parts although no one here would ever recommend that.

By the time you get to the 2nd sound you will most likely already be looking to save resources from the Ti.

You also have the option of hooking it up analog and midi the old fashion way

but

you can not use both simultaneously.

Just understand this is rarely if ever updated and the company is no longer working on it...at all.

That said, I have a Ti and a C and I do not see myself ever parting with them.

Enjoy.

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von theRoyal1 ()

• PitDellaCasa if you’re on Windows, the TI VST works.

On recent versions of MacOS, Access’s own VST no longer functions. If you are using MacOS, consider buying the Aura Plug-ins Virus Hardware Editor.

Other contributors on this forum report that it works well on the latest MacOS, as well as on M1 and M2 (non-Intel) Macs.

• Virus TI offers 16 fully functional Parts. How many you can use simultaneously highly depends on the complexity of the Sounds. I managed to get up to 10 Parts working properly or with light sound degradation. It’s great while working on sound design, composition and arrangement. For finalizing and mixing, I prefer to record all the Parts, one by one.

BTW, although I love my TI2, I cannot recommend to buy one at the moment since support for current operating systems is lacking and there is no information whether Access plans to change that.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Doesn't that only apply to OSX? I haven't heard anyone complain about Virus TI on Windows.

Is Windows 11 officially supported?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+