Wet FX output alongside dry signal

• Hi there,

I couldn't find anything on this when searching online, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

But, is there a way to route the 100% wet output of the send effects (e.g. delay, reverb) separately to one of the analog (or other) outputs?

An example use case would be recording dry + reverb signals into separate tracks in a DAW (at the same time), in order to be able to then mix the effect on it's own into the track later.

To be clear, I mean recording dry and wet and the same time but on separate channels, not separate passes one after the other.

Cheers

• I’m not experienced enough with my TI2 desktop to answer directly (though I can’t think of a way to do this).

However, you could simply duplicate the patch in a multi, delete the effects on the second copy and route this to a different output or pair of outputs.

• The effects are part of the sound and therefore cannot be routed to a different output.

To control the effects during mixing, it would probably be easier and more flexible to use a reverb and delay plugin in the DAW (though I admit the Virus FX have a special sound).

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Maybe you can route the patch to Output 2 or Output 3 and feed it back using the input on the Virus? That way, you could have one patch for the dry synth and use another part that processes the input just for the FX and outputs it on Output 2 or 3.

• Maybe you can route the patch to Output 2 or Output 3 and feed it back using the input on the Virus? That way, you could have one patch for the dry synth and use another part that processes the input just for the FX and outputs it on Output 2 or 3.

I thought of suggesting the same but then had the impression it would be too complicated and tedious. It would require either directly patching the analog outputs to the inputs, or doing an equivalent setup in the DAW for the digital inputs and outputs.

Either way would introduce more or less latency for the effect patch which would be hard to compensate and potentially cause phase issues — which might be negligible for delay and reverb but not for other effects.

However, this might indeed be the closest solution to what OP is looking for.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+