New Ti2 desktop missing logo on wood panel

• Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new virus Ti2 desktop, and am noticing that there is not the usual access logo on the wood panel. Does anyone know if Access stopped putting that logo on newer models, or if this may be some sort of quality control issue? =O=O

• Congratulation for the very wise decision - the Virus is still one synth (maybe the one) with the highest flexibility out there.

Thanks!! Took me a long time to finally jump in. Always wanted a Ti2, but the lack of support for years made my decision difficult. Finally came to conclusion that even without TI it is still an amazing synth from the front panel. Goal is to take my time and learn as I go. Plan to have this bad boy in my growing collection for years to come. Only wish I did it sooner. Such a powerhouse in a small footprint. Even today with it's less powerful chip it blows my mind that it can possibly run 16 patches at once depending on patch complexity. Plus having a software plugin to interface with hardware is missing today on most synths. Access was so far ahead of the game and it's sad they stopped supporting it. This seems like a trend in the industry. Most come out with new model - do a couple firmware updates and then move on to the next model. Makes investing your hard earned money into a product a risk if there are any bugs. Will give praise to Novation for developing the latest Peak/Summit firmware updates years later. Rarity in today's market. Hope other manufacturers follow them and stop abandoning their customers. Now I just need to cure the just one more synth addiction. Never!! Having to much fun and one can never have too many.

On a extremely positive note I was able to get USB connected in Win 11 (running it in Win8 compatibility mode - just to be safe) with Ableton after many hold edit and power on attempts and praying. Needed a direct USB port on laptop (ran into USB resource issues in a powered 3.0 hub). Been loading patches and will eventually try to find it's multi limit (So far got up to 6 playing together on beat using VST). Scratched my head for hours and searched here to figure out how to load the tons of free patches on Access site into browser tab. For anyone reading this for Windows take the mid file and drop it into the My Documents/Access Music/Virus Ti/Patches folder). Restart DAW/Plugin and it will be in the load presets drop down list. Hope this helps for any newbies like me.

• "..the lack of support for years made my decision difficult..."

Yes indeed - this is something I cannot understand. I checked out the Mystery software - nothing for me, I admit....

I bought the Arturia Polybrute about 6 month ago - their software is a good (.. there is always something what could be better ;)

But the bi-directional communication between SW and HW is amazing - including data management. As I am not using SW for my music (I use the MPCX, which is nothing but a computer in a dedicate box) the Arturia SW is running smoothly outside a DAW. But the two are not comparable, as the Virus is virtual analogue and the Polybrute analogue (though digital effects and patchfield connections).

The Virus can even simulate the "Morph" function of the PB - using the 6 slots of the Matrix - assigned to a controller, e.g. wheel, pedal or whatever. It is not the same though....therefor simulate....

- Whatever happens to the future of Kemper strategies - I will keep my Virus as an important part of my system and I never regretted to buy one.

• Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new virus Ti2 desktop, and am noticing that there is not the usual access logo on the wood panel. Does anyone know if Access stopped putting that logo on newer models, or if this may be some sort of quality control issue? =O=O

I’ve never seen one with a logo on the wood panel. Why do you think it should be there?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+