VIRUS CONTROL LATENCY etc.

• Yesterday I made a success to use the virus during 4 hours, with a good tempo sync.

no UAD plugin launch and no send use on this project.

i think there are a relation with UAD plugin and Ableton Send to have a good sync with the VC.

I inform you when i have more information about this

• I also tested the tutorial song in order to see if everything is in sync, which it wasn't. Either with the USB out as with the Physical outs.
    I next rerouted all of the TI outputs from USB to physical and armed an audio track in logic and recorded the whole thing.
    Although I didn't measure it to the ms, it seems there is a latency of aprox 1/64 of a note at the songs BPM

It realy sucks being not able to get this beast in sync with everything else! Again I have no problems with any of my other hardware synths running through the MOTU

grtz

pieter

• I also tested the tutorial song in order to see if everything is in sync, which it wasn't. Either with the USB out as with the Physical outs.
    I next rerouted all of the TI outputs from USB to physical and armed an audio track in logic and recorded the whole thing.
    Although I didn't measure it to the ms, it seems there is a latency of aprox 1/64 of a note at the songs BPM

It realy sucks being not able to get this beast in sync with everything else! Again I have no problems with any of my other hardware synths running through the MOTU

the physical outs are not in sync as described in numerous places including the setup tutorials.
    so are the USB outs in sync to the metronome when you playback the tutorial song? i'm just asking because here, they seem to.

marc

• the metronome is indeed in sync with the virus usb outs.
    However in any other project it is out of sync.

I'm not sure what to do now, i saw the setting up tutorials but when the virus is not in sync with the rest of the project I can't use it and this is a huge bummer.
    is there any good step by step that can be used to make this go away?

best

pieter

• pieter -
    i'm not sure if i can follow you here. so, with the USB outs the metronome is in sync (which is great, it means that the virus syncs fine). but in other project it is not. do you mean that other projects of yours are not using the USB outs or the only project that works for you is the tutorial project?

best, marc

• Marc,

What I mean is that it doesn't matter which outputs i use in other projects.
    When i load the virus in an existing project there is no way I get the TI synced, it is always out of sync with the other audio units in my setup.

also with the clicktrack+metronome which is the klopfgeist AU anyway

I want to test this thoroughly, but I have no idea how

• i wouldn't even know how to setup a system with logic where the virus is constantly off time to the rest of the audio playback using the USB outs, so you either found something which i never stumbled over or your settings differ to what we recommend in some way which would lead to the effects. one thing that comes to my mind is the plug-in delay compensation being switched off.

best, marc

• Sometimes people think that, but actually, it is not. The VST and AU standards are constantly changing, also by communication between access and other companies. Therefore have recent versions of supported sequencers is part of the game.

Timo, please (make Access) start talking to Cockos (the Reaper devs) and add Reaper to the list of supported hosts. They're very communicative.
    (Added FR here: http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=930 )

˙ɯǝɥʇ ǝsooɥɔ ǝɯ ʇǝl ʇ,uoʍ ɯnɹoɟ pıdnʇs sıɥʇ ʇnq 'ɹǝɔuǝnbǝs puɐ SO ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ǝsn I