Installing issues with my new Virus TI Polar on new Mac OS

• Hi guys,

I am so excited. I purchased a brand new Virus TI Polar.

I am having issues with installing the Virus software. Can someone please guide me? Can you please let me know what exact installer to use for my OS and DAW?

My brand new MAC is a new release Apple M2 Max chip with 96 GB of memory. I am running MAC OS Ventura 13.2 and the DAW I have is Logic Pro v.10.7.7.

I have tried: Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00.pkg and virus_ti_software_installer_v30300.dmg and no luck, as per instructions in the booklet and on the printout provided with my beautiful new synth.

Thank you so much for your help in advance;(.

Paul

• It’s seriously insane that Access is still selling the Virus claiming to support macOS.

Just for fun: Call support and ask them what to do!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Access support helped me on an older version of the Macos that is supported per their website and warranty on my new Virus. I doubt they would help me get it working on Mac os ventura for new M1 macbook however. I did get it working on Windows 10 but it was so slow and prone to crashing in the DAW that I now use Aura MI or the Virus ipad touch app.

• I think Virus is end of life product now at this point in time. Vendors have pretty much quit stocking and Kemper no longer is making new hardware for it I think.

The only remaining units are new old stock online. I love mine and it sounds great but horrid interface to DAW is the weak point. The features and multi-part multi-timbral and far out filters and sound effects and many types of synthesis are amazing and pretty unbeatable. I think only the Waldorf Quantum and Roland Fantom can approach what the Virus TI2 does at twice the cost new.

• I’m not making any excuses for Mr. Kemper, but…

Not many companies support a product for this long. There are a few exceptions, like RME (also a German music technology company), but most wouldn’t keep updating a 14-year old platform with new drivers.

Fortunately for us, other developers have released products like Patchbase, Aura’s Hardware Editor and Touch for Virus. And, some of us don’t really care if TI works. We sequence with hardware like Squarp Hapax.

The Virus is dead. Long live VIRUS!

• Continuing to SELL it with the same marketing that's no longer true is supposed to be illegal, though...

• Continuing to SELL it with the same marketing that's no longer true is supposed to be illegal, though...

Currently not sold anymore, is it?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Under Windows 10/11 the TI, VC, and VST/AU plugins are still running, who knows for how much longer...

You can still use the TI2, albeit possibly with some limitations. (in Windows)

For me: I will generally switch back to the Windows platform since Apple is no longer sustainable for me (except for the iPhone, iPad). Apple's pricing and software policies are more than questionable!

My Mac Pro Tower (€3200) is now over 12 years old and almost useless. Hardware upgrades up to €2000 are a waste of money since the last compatible CPU generation is too weak and some fans cannot be replaced (CPU fans). For around €2500 without tax, I can buy a new PC that far surpasses the performance of a current Mac Pro Tower.

• My Mac Pro Tower (€3200) is now over 12 years old and almost useless. Hardware upgrades up to €2000 are a waste of money since the last compatible CPU generation is too weak and some fans cannot be replaced (CPU fans). For around €2500 without tax, I can buy a new PC that far surpasses the performance of a current Mac Pro Tower.

Exactly why I've always used PC over Mac. I can completely customize my system to my own specifications and if something fails I can fix it myself with little hassle. And Apple is WAAAAAAY overpriced on everything the make. I have a PC build planned myself because my current one I built in 2008. Still works....but not as well as I need these days, especially when you start factoring in software synths like Serum that are resource hogs. That in and of itself was one of the main reasons I wanted a hardware synth. Well that and the Virus TI is just pretty!