Why is there no support on the new Mac computers?

• The usb controller in ti/ti2 virus runs on the old usb 1.1 protocol. Mac doesn't support it. to replace the usb controller, you need to change the entire architecture of the synthesizer, create a new one, this is a lot of money for a new development.

ti/ti2 is assembled on old components that have not been produced for more than 10 years.

tusb3200 (2).PNG

• The usb controller in ti/ti2 virus runs on the old usb 1.1 protocol. Mac doesn't support it. to replace the usb controller, you need to change the entire architecture of the synthesizer, create a new one, this is a lot of money for a new development.

ti/ti2 is assembled on old components that have not been produced for more than 10 years.

tusb3200 (2).PNG

Marc from Access specifically stated sometime ago here that the Virus USB ports are USB 2 compatible. The firmware is only 1.1, the firmware can be upgraded. But access has done f*ckall about it, as usual.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

tusb3200 (2).PNG

BTW, I don’t know where you heard that Mac mOS doesn’t support USB 1.1 but that’s incorrect. I grabbed my testing Mac which is on the latest version of Ventura from my office. Took a few USB-C to A adapters and then plugged in several devices.

They all worked.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von djantimatter ()

• I was thinking to buy the Kemper profiler for my studio, but with this precedent, I will never consider their products.

No matter how they justify, even if they are only consuming the old sock they have before discontinuing the Virus.

This is unacceptable in 2023.

• volcanorocket a lot of people swear by the Kemper line.

Curiously, the Kemper Profilers also use an end-of-life Motorola/Freescale/NXP DSP chip. At some point Mr. Kemper won’t be able to sell his guitar amp profilers either.

Will there be a Kemper II? If there is, it will use a newer DSP architecture (SHARC or ARM as many others do in this industry) or an FPGA model. If so, all the code will be rewritten in C++ or some other language, as none of the original assembler DSP code will work on any new processor architecture.

If we see a Kemper II, it could be a harbinger of a TI3.

One can only hope.

• And Cristoph Kemper says, “Let there be a new Kemper Pedal,” and we now have the Kemper Profile Player.

What DSP did he build this exciting new product on?

Needless to say, legions of Virus owners must be asking the age-old question, “Is Kemper writing code on a new DSP platform, or do they have a new version of the Freescale chip our Virus runs on?”

The speculation is undoubtedly rampant. I’m excited by the prospect of all the energy that will be expended discussing and arguing about this!

• It's the same chip, a different platform would require a new Assembly code re-write and a ton of testing. It has to be the same platform.