Why is there no support on the new Mac computers?

• Hello again everyone

I got this answer from them:

Thank you for your email. We're sorry to say but we do not have any news regarding macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey and macOS Ventura compatibility at this point (this also includes new Apple computers with M1 and M2 chips).

We will post news once we have any.

Does anyone know what is going on with this company? Is the company in losses? Or bankruptcy?

Is there still hope for the new Mac computers?

Thanks in advance

• psydrug many have posted on this forum regarding Access/Kemper’s radio silence.

A lot of Virus owners are using the Aura Plug-Ins Virus Hardware Editor, which does most of what the TI software does, and works fine on the latest MacOS versions.

A lot of users of the Aura plugin also report that it doesn’t work for them and that they don’t get any support. Mystery Island, the company before Aura took over, also had a very bad reputation for ignoring problems and support requests. You seem to be one of their very few happy customers.

Comparing the UI and all features, the Aura plugin does not completely replace the TI.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• DovGoldman Thank you very much for your suggestion, but it is irrelevant

It is not original and you should not install it

The company is very well known with the synths in my opinion the best on the market

I really like the company, but as soon as the customers are neglected it is no longer good

Hope to get good news

• I think that the reason why nothing is done to support new technology from Access Kemper Music and I blame Kemper and would tell him that to his face too is the following:

a. Kemper does not give a fuck about Virus owners

b. Kemper is short of technical resources to update drivers and software for Virus hardware

c. Kemper is making more money on the stupid lame Kemper amp hardware.

d. Access Music is low on cash and resources to invest in software updates and future hardware design

Waldorf and other companies went broke and pulled the same horse shit on synth owners in the past before venture capital bought them and put cash and resources to new software and hardware updates. I like my Virus TI2 that I bought last year and will use mostly as stand alone hardware to record the audio without the plugin in spite of the crude interface. It is still better than my Moog Sub 37 that has less features and cruder user interface. Hell for fucks sake the Kemper Access Music people do not even support this forum as it has been invaded by spammers posting sports better horse shit all over it.

• I totally agree with all of the points made above, especially "C". As a guitar player, I can't believe some guitarists are using this low-quality amp simulator. It's way too expensive and it sounds like crap. I recently attended a live show and was so shocked at how poor the guitar sounded... that is, until I noticed the Kemper amp on stage. They actually give them away to YouTube influencers in order to boost sales.

• I totally agree with all of the points made above, especially "C". As a guitar player, I can't believe some guitarists are using this low-quality amp simulator. It's way too expensive and it sounds like crap. I recently attended a live show and was so shocked at how poor the guitar sounded... that is, until I noticed the Kemper amp on stage. They actually give them away to YouTube influencers in order to boost sales.

Exactly and as a guitar player myself, I have both tube amps and hardware modelers like Helix. Even with decent FRFR powered cabs the modelers like Kemper still do not sound as good as real tube amps like my Bogner. They get half way there that’s about it.

• MagicJukebox and Sacguy71 you’ve introduced a topic argued on other discussion boards endlessly (modeler vs. tube amp).

I started playing electric guitar again last November after decades of not owning an electric (or a tube amp, for that matter). Initially, I used my beloved Virus TI2 for distortion, delay and other effects.

I am not buying a tube amp, and literally don’t have space for one. Using the Virus for guitar effects was a temporary stopgap until I could get a modeling pedal.

Now that I own a Headrush MX5 and have spent some time loading IR’s (York’s Vox AC30 edition) and tweaking impedance curve based EQ’s, I love the tone. It’s probably not quite what I would get with an actual AC30, but I’m quite satisfied with what I hear while playing, and in my recordings.

Last night I listened to a track my Sweetwater rep sent me. He uses a Kemper. It sounded fantastic!

Guitar tone is a subjective quality. Please keep that in mind as you post here on our Virus forum.

• Should the Virus TI2 keyboard still be able to function as a midi controller on Ventura? I'm trying to use it on a MacBook Pro but it doesn't even show up in Audio Midi Setup and it does not trigger any sound in Logic Pro. I have it connected via USB to USB-c adapter. Is there a driver to install or something? I thought usb/midi was just plug and play.

• It works fine with the Aura Plugin software. I recorded some tracks today from my Virus TI2 to Ableton Live 11 and Logic X over USB using Aura MI software without issues and used the awesome Macbook Pro speakers to monitor. Worked like a charm no crash and very little latency. Plus frees up MIDI to use Hapax for sequence drums on Virus but the arpeggiator works amazing like a sequencer. Kemper should hire the Aura guys to develop next gen Virus!

• Should the Virus TI2 keyboard still be able to function as a midi controller on Ventura? I'm trying to use it on a MacBook Pro but it doesn't even show up in Audio Midi Setup and it does not trigger any sound in Logic Pro. I have it connected via USB to USB-c adapter. Is there a driver to install or something? I thought usb/midi was just plug and play.

I don't know the answer, but the language of the question is this: "Is the Virus TI USB Class Compliant for MIDI?" It sounds like the answer is no, but it hasn't come up for me before (it will, very soon). Luckily, you can get a very inexpensive class compliant USB-MIID interface that you can connect between the Virus TI's MIDI ports and your computer's USB ports. No drivers needed ("class compliance" means the device complies with generic drivers for this function in the OS). Example: Edirol/Roland UM-1. It's compact enough that it looks like a cable adapter.

• Hello again everyone,

I thought for several days whether to write this post

I am very disappointed with the company, there is no service, no response and no control in this company

I'm not ready to use Aura Plugin software, a piece of software, if you can call it software

I received a full refund to my PayPal from Aura Plugin software

Here too, there is no service, no response and everything is delayed

I believe that one day, if it is not too late, the company of the best synths in the world will wake up and start working with the new Macs

Meanwhile, everything is not looking so good :cursing:

• this is why I feel that Elektron and Waldorf are the future of these synths with Nord to some extent and Roland with the Juno X/Jupiter X/Fantom line of synths. I was jamming last night on my Elektron Rytm and found it so much fun and easy to use with color OLED screen, modern interface, support for Mac OS Ventura with Overbridge plugin and a great sequencer. Virus still great but feels outdated in comparison except the polyphony and range of effects is greater. But I can quickly choose envelopes, filters and more with OLED screen missing from the Virus Ti2. Very sad.

• Actually, I wasn't talking about tube vs digital modeler. I use both myself, and digital emulations can sound fantastic. However, I tried the Kemper and IMO it's one of the worst sounding amp sim on the market, and also one of the most expensive.

• Actually, I wasn't talking about tube vs digital modeler. I use both myself, and digital emulations can sound fantastic. However, I tried the Kemper and IMO it's one of the worst sounding amp sim on the market, and also one of the most expensive.

agree it sucks and not that great. WTF are guitar players buying these crappy overpriced Kemper amp modelers? Tube amps still rule.